BTN: $1.53
SB: $4.98
BB: $2.03
UTG: $2.10
UTG+1: $5.18
MP1: $1.48
Hero (MP2): $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP2 with [6s] [7s]
2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.04, SB calls $0.03, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.18) [Kc] [9s] [8s]
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.10, MP1 folds

Turn: ($0.48) [Jd]
SB bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34, BTN raises to $1.39 all in, SB calls $1.05, Hero calls $1.05

River: ($4.65) [As] (3 players - 1 is all in)
SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

Anyway I could have played the hand better? I didn't like that SB flatted the short stack all-in with me left to act, which was why i didn't shove there - would have loved to but due to our stack sizes.

Flatted river cuz he didn't seem to be afraid of the flush card - pot control here?
Froggy
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Re: Mega draw 3 way vs aggression. Effective stacks 250BB

Postby Brasstal » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:01 am

Froggy wrote:Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

CO: $5.00
BTN: $1.53
SB: $4.98
BB: $2.03
UTG: $2.10
UTG+1: $5.18
MP1: $1.48
Hero (MP2): $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP2 with [6s] [7s]
2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.04, SB calls $0.03, 1 fold -> Why call when MP1 is so shallow fine if whole table plays so weak pre and u reckon they will stack off very lightly but really playing these hands with little odds not v worth it in my opinion

Flop: ($0.18) [Kc] [9s] [8s]
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.10, MP1 folds

flop from heaven

Turn: ($0.48) [Jd]
SB bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34, BTN raises to $1.39 all in, SB calls $1.05, Hero calls $1.05

its fine since he is so deep flatting here is best, btn raise and he just calls, very weak of him, not really a draw with him betting 75% pot on turn prob turned 2 pair or maybe straight possibilities since he was in SB
River: ($4.65) [As] (3 players - 1 is all in)
SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

I raise here, the reason i call turn bet, and shove was because of the implied odds i had, the way he bet the river, was like a pot control blocker bet, i value raise here.

Anyway I could have played the hand better? I didn't like that SB flatted the short stack all-in with me left to act, which was why i didn't shove there - would have loved to but due to our stack sizes.

Flatted river cuz he didn't seem to be afraid of the flush card - pot control here?
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Medals: 11
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby Froggy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:09 am

Brasstal wrote:Why call when MP1 is so shallow fine if whole table plays so weak pre and u reckon they will stack off very lightly but really playing these hands with little odds not v worth it in my opinion

its fine since he is so deep flatting here is best, btn raise and he just calls, very weak of him, not really a draw with him betting 75% pot on turn prob turned 2 pair or maybe straight possibilities since he was in SB.

I raise here, the reason i call turn bet, and shove was because of the implied odds i had, the way he bet the river, was like a pot control blocker bet, i value raise here.

Golden. Now it makes more sense how the hand played out after you analysed. Thanks!

- For the river, my mind says i'm ahead, but i was afraid if he reraised there i would be in a very tough spot
Froggy
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby chenghao » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:13 am

If u want to pot control , you should have done that on the flop , then fold to the large bet on the turn since you never invested much post flop.
of course who would do that to a open ended straight flush draw lol , building the pot seems an ok move.

SB's play is very strange , he c/c flop , led out 0.34 on the turn , flats a turn raise and leds 0.24 out again the river.why is he betting smaller then the turn ?

Btn flats the flop , then RR the turn. he liked the jack , did he have QT , KJ , or some JX 2 pair ?
the J seem to help him a lot.
If the SB was on a draw , would he lead out ? on either the turn or river ?

i paid big for my entry on the turn and got what i want , not the best but probably enough for a value bet

i am guessing SB does not have a flush but a hand strong enough for him to call a value bet like half the pot.
his probably trying to do a blocker bet so he can see a cheap showdown.

if u flat , u probably want to see his hand and know his line to abuse him later on.
otherwise i think u should bet the river for value as most of the time , the folks @ this stake would lead out a small amount hoping their opponent would fold and would fold their hand to a huge reraise.
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Brasstal » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:00 am

chenghao wrote:If u want to pot control , you should have done that on the flop , then fold to the large bet on the turn since you never invested much post flop.
of course who would do that to a open ended straight flush draw lol , building the pot seems an ok move.

yeah no one pot controls a monster draw

SB's play is very strange , he c/c flop , led out 0.34 on the turn , flats a turn raise and leds 0.24 out again the river.why is he betting smaller then the turn ?

as i mentioned its prob a blocker

Btn flats the flop , then RR the turn. he liked the jack , did he have QT , KJ , or some JX 2 pair ?
the J seem to help him a lot.

If the SB was on a draw , would he lead out ? on either the turn or river ?

i paid big for my entry on the turn and got what i want , not the best but probably enough for a value bet

i am guessing SB does not have a flush but a hand strong enough for him to call a value bet like half the pot.
his probably trying to do a blocker bet so he can see a cheap showdown.

if u flat , u probably want to see his hand and know his line to abuse him later on.
otherwise i think u should bet the river for value as most of the time , the folks @ this stake would lead out a small amount hoping their opponent would fold and would fold their hand to a huge reraise.
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Medals: 11
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby slkia » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am

someone move this thread to humour section pls.....

pot control the flop? hahahahahahah

1) might as well dun play 67s
2) monster draws are not made hands....the beauty of monster draws is being able to aggro n get opponent's fold equity without having a made hand....pot control sia.....
slkia
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (2) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby axel » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:55 pm

I think it's just a case of OP misunderstanding the term 'pot control', he meant to say he didn't want to raise/call river so he just took a cheap showdown.
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Return to Cash Games