Entrance fee legal?

Ask poker-related questions and let the community extend a helping hand
Important Information
Ask a question and the community will answer.

Entrance fee legal?

Postby Flamingsinex » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Is it legal to collect entrance fee? cause my friend told me that if we are making a profit out of it, it illegal. is that true?
Flamingsinex
ABC Poker Player

Re: Entrance fee legal?

Postby ibelieveindevil » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 pm

theoractically illegal, same goes for rake, and in fact, if u cant prove that u dunnoe those ppl playing with u outside other than to play poker with them, it is illegal.

but do u tink ppl cares?
ibelieveindevil
New Fish

Postby Afternoon » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Universal Studio also collect entrance fee and is damn fxxkinh high..... I think is legal.
Afternoon
Great White Shark

Medals: 12
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)
Helpful Kaki (2) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby Flamingsinex » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Like that no where to play poker liao lor, haha. This also cannot, that also cannot. Wah, what Singapore wan from us sia?
Flamingsinex
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby MJFX » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Afternoon wrote:Universal Studio also collect entrance fee and is damn fxxkinh high..... I think is legal.

illegal lah. how to prove i know the uncles aunties at the table games..
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby Flamingsinex » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Jia lat sia, than how play?
Flamingsinex
ABC Poker Player

Postby support » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:54 am

The law is 'blanket'ing all forms of fees/transactions/commissions relating to gambling activities as illegal.

No matter how u call it, name it or try to change techniques to charge, it's still under this blanket law.

This law is in-effect not just Singapore in but almost every country has a variation of this law.
support
Site Admin

Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby min23 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:33 am

I like* ur post UB!

Afternoon wrote:Universal Studio also collect entrance fee and is damn fxxkinh high..... I think is legal.
min23
New Fish

Postby Zeitgeist » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:20 pm

this calls for more hosts who are hosting for the love of the game, and not for hosting fee. i would gladly do so if it were not for the space constrain at my place
Zeitgeist
New Fish

Postby andybian » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi guys, happened to see this interesting post. I used to host in the past collecting fees for drink and electricity (few dollars nia).

Now due to the imposed stringent law, perhaps next time my guest will need to bring up a bottle of coke each, detached mobile fan (battery operated), touch light or table lamp (battery operated), and lastly help me mop and clean up the place before anyone go off.... LOL.

Just my 2 cents to share.. kekeke
andybian
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby chenghao » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:41 pm

andybian wrote:Hi guys, happened to see this interesting post. I used to host in the past collecting fees for drink and electricity (few dollars nia).

Now due to the imposed stringent law, perhaps next time my guest will need to bring up a bottle of coke each, detached mobile fan (battery operated), touch light or table lamp (battery operated), and lastly help me mop and clean up the place before anyone go off.... LOL.

Just my 2 cents to share.. kekeke

i can bring 100 plus , willing to fan myself :mrgreen:
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby LunarWolfspirit » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:00 am

Hmm players bringing beverages and stuff to share with the table definitely sounds like good practice... Can't imagine how that'd be illegal... But yeah if you're the host you should be at the mindset of being gracious and absorb the nitty bitty stuff like electricity and cleaning up after.

Though what would I know, I never hosted before. :D
LunarWolfspirit
ABC Poker Player

Postby PokerChief » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Flamingsinex wrote:Is it legal to collect entrance fee? cause my friend told me that if we are making a profit out of it, it illegal. is that true?

Hello, to make Entrant Fee legal is pretty simple.. go declare to IRAS about your game and let them tax part of your game entrant fees. In the event of a police raid at your game, just show the police that you've paid taxes.. got it?
PokerChief
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Afternoon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:38 pm

Entrance fee is legal ! But the amount must not be set too low.

I propose $100 for 24hrs or an annual pass of $2000 per house.
Afternoon
Great White Shark

Medals: 12
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)
Helpful Kaki (2) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Next

Return to Community Service