wat would u do?

Kakis from Malaysia can meet up here for more poker discussions.
Languages : Malay, Chinese & English
Important Information
Languages : Malay, Chinese & English
*Please use English in the main forums.

wat would u do?

Postby henrywwy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:33 pm

is a 9 handed no limit game at 1/2 blinds..im dealt QQ in the middle position,utg raises to 12 and i reraise to 50...another player in late position reraises to 115...utg folded..we have 400 each..wat would u do??

I reraised to 200 n he shove me all in...after some consideration i called and his aces held up.
need some feedback on the hand thx =)
henrywwy
ABC Poker Player

Re: wat would u do?

Postby dhil_c » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:16 pm

henrywwy wrote:is a 9 handed no limit game at 1/2 blinds..im dealt QQ in the middle position,utg raises to 12 and i reraise to 50...another player in late position reraises to 115...utg folded..we have 400 each..wat would u do??

I reraised to 200 n he shove me all in...after some consideration i called and his aces held up.
need some feedback on the hand thx =)

I guess this must be a live game when someone raises 6x from UTG. i don't play live so what i'm about to say is from online and might not be 100% applicable to live.

1) let's ignore the 6x open. even with a 3x open from UTG, do you have a plan for your raise if he 4-bets? are you going to call or shove because you know he's 4-betting with something other than AK, KK+? unless you have a read that he's a fish, i'll usually flat with QQ in this spot. even better to call if i know those acting behind me are liable to squeeze. then i can see how UTG react to the squeeze before i decide on what to do.

2) sorry but i think your 3-bet sizing here is pretty bad. you are >4-xing here. really expecting to be called by better and get a fold from worse hands.

3) when you get 4-bet in this spot, it is usually an easy fold. UTG opens, you 3-bet (range here is usually tight) and then he 4-bets. his range has you crushed. your only hope is for him to have QQ too.

4) when you decide to 5-bet to 200 (half of your stack), then it's an easy (but pretty bad) call to the shove even though you know you're likely crushed.
dhil_c
New Fish

Postby henrywwy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:10 pm

thx for the advice.it was a pretty loose table tot he could have ak or jacks or maybe even aq coz i have been aggresive all nite..cant fold after putting half my stack in...lesson learnt i guess...any other opinion?
henrywwy
ABC Poker Player

Postby henrywwy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:19 pm

hey thx for the response..but u guys would fold preflop? after committing half my stack in i think i cant..guess i shouldnt reraise after he reraise..should have jst flat call?

the flop was all under as well would u have fold if u guys have jst flat call on the flop?
thanks guys for the opinion =)
henrywwy
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby alvinm » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:40 am

As for me I would have definitely fold Pre-Flop..Qs is no where good with such 2x re raise,worse come to worse I only flat call the re raise to see the flop if I hit my set,thats it...since u said its a pretty loose table then u r suppose to be more tight.

And I don't buy things like Pot Committed..Poker is about maximizing ur winning and minimizing ur lose

Just my 2 cents
alvinm
Challenge Poker Player

Postby chenghao » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:35 pm

throw the cards @ the dealer and flip the table , then take the $$ and run :mrgreen:
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Return to Malaysia