Poker Etiquette

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Poker Etiquette

Postby fairytanes » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Just to share with you guys poker folks.

It is a bad etiquette to reveal an opponent card when he/she already showing a 'white flag' / mark his cards.

source: http://www.pokercast.tv/1075-the-pokers ... ame-s01e42
at: 24 minute, Tony G forced the dealer to reveal Mercier card, when he says: "You got it" Why do you want to see my hand?"

I was like wtf, he says "it is fair enough".
Is he an alien or something :evil:
fairytanes
Challenge Poker Player

Re: Poker Etiquette

Postby Brasstal » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:53 pm

i actually disagree and dun think its bad etiquette

the way its done isnt smart thats all

to be smart when mercier says : you got it

ifi were tony g and i wanna see his hand i'll just hold on to my cards and not flip them over since its supposed to be mercier to show first (if they follow the last aggressor rule)

if mercier said "T high" i'll just say A high and not flip my cards

if mercier shows then i show

if he mucks i collect the pot and i muck

- why givce away free information when ur opponent isn't giving u any?

just my 2 cents worth
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Medals: 11
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby fairytanes » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:18 am

oh.. thanks for the reply.

then when he said 10 high and auto mark. i said Ace high and i dont need to reveal my card?
fairytanes
Challenge Poker Player

Postby rooney88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 pm

since the person already muck his cards..the pot will belong to u..u dun need to reveal ur cards actually.since his cards have already been mucked..
rooney88
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Brasstal » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:38 pm

when he says T high and doesnt mark u can say A high and wait for him to show

if he says T high and auto muck then check with the dealer if its mucked, then wait for the pot to be pushed to u and muck, u dun have to show ur cards
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Medals: 11
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby fairytanes » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Oh ok. How about in this scenario:

Mercier said 10 high, and Tony G actually has 9 high (but instead he said or lied that he hs Ace high).
Since in this case mercier thought Tony G really has Ace high and has him beat. He marked his card. and Tony G never showed his card since he does not have to reveal (according to your statement , hehe, true?).

So, in this case, what will happen?. (besides being a liar) Tony G has all the chips that does not actually belong to him? true? and the other players cant force him to show his cards right?

So everytime it comes to show cards, i can always say ACE HIGH. if opponent auto marked his card, i can actually choose not to SHOW my cards, correct? and the chips belong to me since he marked his cards first?

Sorry, i just want to understand which one is the correct etiquette. not to argue.
Hope to get your "pro" opinions.

thanks
fairytanes
Challenge Poker Player

Postby fairytanes » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Please share your opinion on this for sharing knowledge :twisted:
fairytanes
Challenge Poker Player

Postby rooney88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:45 pm

yup,as long as the guy mucked his cards..and the pot is pushed to u.u dun have to show ur cards.but if u said ace high.and he din muck his cards.u gotta reveal ur cards then.
rooney88
New Fish

Postby chenghao » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:24 pm

rooney88 wrote:yup,as long as the guy mucked his cards..and the pot is pushed to u.u dun have to show ur cards.but if u said ace high.and he din muck his cards.u gotta reveal ur cards then.

yup when the guy mucked his cards , you are the only one left in the pot , your hand is the best hand cos no one else has a hand so you take the pot
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby LunarWolfspirit » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:42 am

Well, the rules dictate that the raiser or the person first to act if checked around actually shows his cards, so unless you "act out of turn" like Tony G did, it wouldn't be wrong to wait for Mercier to show.

But once you know you're the winner, insisting anything else is bad etiquette and I agree wholeheartedly on that one.
LunarWolfspirit
ABC Poker Player

Return to General Poker Chat