Chat BAN warning from Pokerstars

Ask poker-related questions and let the community extend a helping hand
Important Information
Ask a question and the community will answer.

Chat BAN warning from Pokerstars

Postby NKOTB » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:41 pm

FROM STARS:

PokerStars Chat
"chat@pokerstars.com" <chat@pokerstars.com>
Add to Contacts
To:

Hello Normaniter,

We have received a complaint regarding some things you said in chat at our tables. I have reviewed the chat log and did find some of your comments to be inappropriate. This chat is copied below.

Our goal at PokerStars is to be a fun place to play, where everyone can feel comfortable. Foul language and abuse of other players takes away from everyone's enjoyment, and therefore cannot be permitted.

We must ask you to refrain from using this type of language in the future, or we will be forced to suspend your chat privileges.

Please note that you may not be the only one receiving a message such as this. When we receive a chat complaint, we review the entire chat of all players at the table. If any other players at the table were in violation of PokerStars' chat rules, they were also warned or had their chat suspended.

Regards,

PokerStars Support Team

---
756009634 Normaniter marikita also 8 11/6/2010 7:18:30 AM

Reply to STARS:

Re: PokerStars Chat

Add to Contacts
To: chat@pokerstars.com
Hi,

I'm very amused by your email.

By your definition, what does 'marikita' mean to you?

If you thoroughly review the conversation I had with 'angmotan', I was answering his question as to who is a certain player (DCxxx, I can't remember the exact nick).

I casually replied that that certain player is 'marikita' also, which is just a local slang for another Singaporean player.

If I can refer you to this link - http://www.answers.com/topic/majulah-si ... -singapore

If you can otherwise prove that my conversation was meant to be abusive, please enlighten me.

This is an excerpt taken from your very own website

"This is your chance to compete against other players from your region for the glory, the title and the cash. There are buy-ins to suit all players, and satellites start from just a few dollars. You can even chat in your own language with other players at the table, and many of the events will be hosted by local Team PokerStars Pros. It's about national pride, winning big and proving that you are the best player in your region."

I certainly did not breech any TOC in Pokerstars.

Regards,

Normaniter

>!!>!>>!>!>!!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!

DM101, please comment, did you get the email too????

NKOTB
NKOTB
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 7
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) Poker Face (1)

Re: Chat BAN warning from Pokerstars

Postby WSOPTH » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:19 pm

hahahahahaha maybe they thought u mean erection.. hahahahahahahahaha.
angmo so funny.
WSOPTH
Challenge Poker Player

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby chenghao » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:06 pm

majulah singapura !
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby DM101 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:16 pm

I can't help laughing after I saw this post.
Unfortunately, I didn't receive any email from PS.
I agree with WSOPTH on this one. One of the PS Chat Team members prolly think Marikita=Erection haha
or prolly they notice that you are spending too much time on PS, thus wanted to zesiao abit hehe
Hey NKOTB, try typing KNN next time, see what gotta happen.....maybe you get another ban again lol
Pls let us know the outcome NKOTB :lol:
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby NKOTB » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:01 pm

so someone is offended that I supposedly mention the word erection sublimely in the chat box???

How offensive is an erection???

It's really tough having an erection playing poker IMHO.

Unless you are surrounded by MILFs and SYTs that let their Arsenal give 1/2 ball.
NKOTB
Challenge Poker Player

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) Poker Face (1)

Postby DM101 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:54 pm

haha i just noticed tat i got an email from PS too.
lol

Hello angmotan,

We have received a complaint regarding some things you said in chat at our tables. I have reviewed the chat log and did find some of your comments to be inappropriate. This chat is copied below.

Our goal at PokerStars is to be a fun place to play, where everyone can feel comfortable. Foul language and abuse of other players takes away from everyone's enjoyment, and therefore cannot be permitted.

We must ask you to refrain from using this type of language in the future, or we will be forced to suspend your chat privileges.

Please note that you may not be the only one receiving a message such as this. When we receive a chat complaint, we review the entire chat of all players at the table. If any other players at the table were in violation of PokerStars' chat rules, they were also warned or had their chat suspended.

Regards,

PokerStars Support Team

756009634 angmotan talk cock la 3 11/6/2010 7:20:19 AM
DM101
Site Admin

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)

Postby WSOPTH » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:36 pm

NKOTB wrote:so someone is offended that I supposedly mention the word erection sublimely in the chat box???

How offensive is an erection???

It's really tough having an erection playing poker IMHO.

Unless you are surrounded by MILFs and SYTs that let their Arsenal give 1/2 ball.

haha true. if jennifer tilly, liv boeree and vanessa rousso play on the same table wif me live i confirm concentrate (cock stand straight) and then its a MARIKITA session for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WSOPTH
Challenge Poker Player

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby NKOTB » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Tuesday, 9 November 2010 23:38:05PokerStars Chat Reply - Violation Warning
From: "chat@pokerstars.com" <chat@pokerstars.com>Add to Contacts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Please don't take the warning personally. We frequently send warnings of this nature simply to make players aware of our chat policies.

Please accept our apologies as "marikita" is also an inappropriate word in Spanish. We appreciate your understanding. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars and Best of luck at the tables.

Regards,

Gabe
PokerStars Chat Team
NKOTB
Challenge Poker Player

Postby DM101 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:03 pm

Thank you for your email.

Please don't take the warning personally. We frequently send warnings of this nature simply to make players aware of our chat policies.

I agree as it was just 'casual banter' .

Please accept our apologies. We appreciate your understanding. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars and Best of luck at the tables.

Regards,

Gabe
PokerStars Chat Team
DM101
Site Admin

Postby averick » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:18 am

Anyone from here playing the ACOOP main event later?
averick
ABC Poker Player

Medals: 3

Postby PokerChump » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:17 pm

"If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask. "
yea. ask for $$ don nid paisei, they say don't hesitate liao
PokerChump
New Fish

Return to Community Service