closed

Brag about the good, vent over the bad.

Re: Hand Discussion

Postby eleester » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:12 am

This is all based on scenerios and who you are facing. for example if the jack didn't appear on the turn, would the opponent have called your all in? It is a gutshot draw, I dun think he would.. U also wouldn't noe he had Q K tat's why u all in. Same thing for ur opponent, he also didn't noe u flopped a set. Everybody would think they have the best hand. So in short, I can summarize u made the right decision at the wrong time and luck was not with you when the J dropped on the turn.
Prob out if 10 times, you would only encounter this scenerio 1 or 2 times and lose. this happened to be those times.
eleester
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby MikeTheFish » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:35 am

no disrespect there, poker is a game where u learn from mistakes. Thats where u improve your game, tournaments are about survival. u never risk ur whole stack unless u have the nuts.

Lets say u buy in wsop. First hand comes, there are 2 all ins before you and you have 2 aces, what do u do?

I would fold and wait for a better chance...

XYtexas wrote:
MikeTheFish wrote:well, my reasoning is why push when u are already beat? I too would bet the flop, but no way i would have check pushed the turn when there is a possible straight out there

on flop u have the nuts, u dont bet
on turn 2 str8s and set of JJs beat u, u check push, u try to trap but kena trap urself ha ha

Mike, out of respect i posted this hand since you requested. But yr comments show disrespectful and yr way of thinking in MTTs as well.

I told you before, we are at a different level of thinking and today it prove it well.
MikeTheFish
Shark

Postby chenghao » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:52 am

MikeTheFish wrote:no disrespect there, poker is a game where u learn from mistakes. Thats where u improve your game, tournaments are about survival. u never risk ur whole stack unless u have the nuts.

Lets say u buy in wsop. First hand comes, there are 2 all ins before you and you have 2 aces, what do u do?

XYtexas wrote:
MikeTheFish wrote:well, my reasoning is why push when u are already beat? I too would bet the flop, but no way i would have check pushed the turn when there is a possible straight out there

on turn 2 str8s and set of JJs beat u, u check push, u try to trap but kena trap urself ha ha

Mike, out of respect i posted this hand since you requested. But yr comments show disrespectful and yr way of thinking in MTTs as well.

I told you before, we are at a different level of thinking and today it prove it well.

Well it all depends , if the buy in is like a huge % of my bankroll , then i might fold at that spot with i have AA PF and 2 all in in front of me , this adheres to my objective of survival.

However , if the buy in is a small % of my bankroll and my strategy is to get a huge stack earlier in an effort to steal more small pots later on , i would fist pump snap shove at that spot.
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby kr176 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Thinking from villain's POV, 2 overs with gut shot in a limped pot surely is good enough to raise........i guess you could have bet/fold the turn. But hard to see how you can get away with this hand given the limp pre and check call flop......

I would prefer to take a more agressive approach....TT have lots of flop that we will hate so prop....raise Pre....bet flop.....given the stack sizes, would shape up better for a big river value shove.

Anyway, sick turn.......
kr176
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby kr176 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Ridiculous.................hahahha fold AA pre......hahahhahaha..........

IMO, only spot techincally correct to fold AA pre is Satelites........and on the bubble.....lol.....and i will NEVER do that......

Seriously, if you need to fold AA pre in big buy in......mabbe u r underolled for the game.....

MikeTheFish wrote:no disrespect there, poker is a game where u learn from mistakes. Thats where u improve your game, tournaments are about survival. u never risk ur whole stack unless u have the nuts.

XYtexas wrote:

kr176
Challenge Poker Player

Postby axel » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:12 pm

XYtexas wrote:

How often in a MTT will you have the nuts and expect to get action after you shove your entire stack in? I will get it in with AA every single time preflop, because I want to win and not mincash, other than the following situationa:

1. You have an average to big stack on the bubble of a DoN or satellite, with at least 2 shortstacks getting it in preflop.
2. In a regular MTT when you wish to mincash on the bubble, though I doubt it is a +ev strategy in the long run.
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Postby sengkang » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Personally, I would have check/raise on the flop.

1st reason: It is a limp pot and villian can have ATC, e.g. 87 or JQ for oesd, or two pairs or tptk, or JJ overpair. You need to raise to make draws pay and if he had a real hand u would have double up anyway.

2nd reason: A scare card on the turn may kill the action. E.g. Villain had AT for tptk, if an over-card (J,Q or K) came on the turn, he would not continue betting. E.g. Villian had T2s for two pairs. If the turn was a 9, villian's two pairs would be neutralised. Thus, check/raise or shoving on the turn is more likely to gain you more chips.

When the J dropped on the turn, it completed many other hands that beat yours, thus shoving on the turn was a big risk.
sengkang
ABC Poker Player

Postby XYtexas » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:44 am

closed
Last edited by XYtexas on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
XYtexas
Challenge Poker Player

Postby eleester » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:27 am

Nicely said xytexas... We are all here to learn and improve our own gameplay.. It be great if we can discuss abt the different ways we play the hands. Tat's wat a forum is for in the first place.. I consider myself a relatively new and inexperience player so it be great to be able to improve thru analysis and discussion..
However nonetheless, we still have to remind ourselves tat poker still has a luck element to it.. Having the best hand preflop or even post flop doest nt give u the win, it's the best hand at the turn tat gives u. So no matter how rational ur decision is, sometimes luck take over. Like something tat happened to me at PS today, I raised with AA and opponent shoved all in. had him fully dominated with 5 10 offsuit. At the turn he had a eight high straight. 4 6 7 8 came out.. Wat can u say to tat?
Did I make a wrong decision by calling his all in with pocket As? I dun think so. It was just luck playing a joke. So for poker, with skill, u also need tat extra luck to really bring you to the top..
eleester
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Previous

Return to Hand Histories - Good & Bad Beats