Online poker is rigged for sure

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Online poker is rigged for sure

Postby t3n9 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Hey guys,

Not sure if its only me but I really think online poker is super rigged. I've rather decent results playing live games, but on the internet, i NEVER EVER cashed out in the 3 years I play poker. NEVER. 90% of the time i go to the showdown on better hands, sometimes even 99% fave. But i lose most of the time. I know about tracker but apparently its useless as I've been making the right decisions going in as fave but getting sucked out all the time. It doesn't matter if its Stars, FT, or what... its all rigged.. There's once I was so tilt after losing to a few consec runner runners on FT, i went all in on every hand on a cash game table. Any 2 cards. Out of the 12 times someone called me, 11 times i was the dog.. but i won 11 times. there's once my 3 7 murdered pocket Ks of my opponent.

Seriously, how is all these possible? When I'm playing live and got the guy dominated, I hardly have to fear getting drawn. But online is like a totally different ball game as I make the same, correct moves and get sucked out time and again. I won't be surprised that stars and FT has labeled me as a 'payer', so it doesn't matter whether I played well or not. I revised my hands and i really see no fault in myself. I can run so bad i have 10 straight straights made on the turn against 2 pairs or trips and i got drawn out by a full house. Things like that. I can play with real confidence on live games but i'm the ultimate unlucky dog online. Even as I try playing smaller pots to reduce the effects variance, it still find a way to me. no matter how much tilt control i exercise, try receiving 10+ bad beats IN A ROW and I'm sure even the best in the business will be affected. And i'm sure not even the top pros can say they go into showdowns 90% of the time as fave.

After all these years, I've really become disillusioned with online poker. If you think online poker isn't rigged, you're either favoured by the site or you just had too much money to spare. all my money made playing live has more than gone into online poker. it just feels like a scam cos i know no way am i so bad to the point that i never cashed out online after so long. I readily admit when i play bad but in the long run, i find that the probabilities just doesn't match up. I'm washing my hands off online poker for good. and i recommend people who're like me to quit playing online and stop flushing money down that shithole.
t3n9
New Fish

Re: Online poker is rigged for sure

Postby chenghao » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Tracker is ok to learn about an opponent's tendencies mar , it helps you collect information to make decisions.

Maybe FT/Stars dun like you ? :p

smaller pots btw doesn't reduce the effects of variance

Playing Fr ( less variance ) vs HU ( higher variance)
Playing on a Larger bankroll ( less variance ) vs aggressive bankroll ( higher variance)
Playing lesser hands / contesting for lesser pots ( less variance ) vs playing more hands , contesting for more pots (higher variance).

Did you try to plug your leaks (if any ) with a traker like HEM/PT3 ?

If you get your money in as the favourite and lose , then bo bian one what ..

If live game is your forte , then stick to it ?
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby iSam90 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:32 pm

There was a time at rush poker at FT, I was dealt with pocket sixes blinds were $0.25 / $0.50.

I raise $2 and one guy from Japan raises again to $3.50.
Everyone folds and we are heads up.
Flop shows K 6 6
I have a four of a kind 6
I checked and did not raise at all
Japan guy shove $7
I call $7 and turn shows a Q
I raise $5 this time
Japan guy calls
At the river is a K
Japan guy made full house
I have four of a kind
I raise $3.5
Japan guy raise to $7.0
I raise $10.50
Japan guy raise $14
I raise to $17.50
Japan guy all in with more than $60
I all in, and Japan guy curses me.

After the happy hand, while at night on full tilt, retribution falls on me the same way as I did to the Japan guy.

HEADS UP

I was dealt with pocket aces, I kept raising before the flop
Other guy shove all in $50
I went all in too
He had 7 7 and I had A A
Flop shows 5 7 8
Turn shows 2
River shows K

What I think about online poker is rigged?

They somehow can let you win a lot and take up a lot of rake and than let you lose everything again so you can deposit again. As long as there is plenty of money rolling in, they can have more rake business. :) Just my thoughts.
iSam90
New Fish

Postby MikeTheFish » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm

This is a question for Bryan to answer. So far i am +ve but after a big cash, good cards disappear.

there are some days where u seem to flop sets every other hand and days where u get so many bad beats till u dont know what hit you.

All of us have been there, done that and experienced everything. i have seen sick 1 outers even at live games.

people will tell you that what is happening is variance and u see more bad beats as there are many more hands dealt.

basically, poker can be a cruel game ... r u ready for it ?
MikeTheFish
Shark

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby keldraco » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:45 pm

i play only SNG and i once lost 12 time all-in in a row when i am an overdog (over 70% favor). MAybe u can try tournement rather then cash game. i heard cashgame are more harder.
keldraco
ABC Poker Player

Postby axel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:45 pm

How come people like Tom Dwan can win so much money online then?
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Postby iSam90 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:11 am

Haha maybe the sites favor dwan :).
iSam90
New Fish

Postby MikeTheFish » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:13 am

axel wrote:How come people like Tom Dwan can win so much money online then?

maybe maybe he is a computer genius who can make the other guy fold or time out when he bets .......
MikeTheFish
Shark

Postby MJFX » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:26 am

My 5 cents worth.
I don't think large poker sites are rigged.
For every bad beat story, the other side of the coin is someone who gets lucky.
U kanna a 2 outer, someone hits his 2 outers.
It's just random events happening to random people.

So in the end what matters is how u approach the game, decision making and bankroll management.

We all get our fair share of bad beats.
if u getting more bad beats than the rest,this may actually mean u are playing well whether it's online or live no difference.

Maybe to make urself feel better, try shoving, calling when u knew u are the underdog against the odds. This will certainly increase your bad beat count.
Uncle bob has a thesis written on bad beating other people and how to celebrate it.
I think he can share.
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby DM101 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:21 am

I can only say that poker is a zero sum game.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby axel » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:33 am

The house wins!
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Postby Afternoon » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:34 am

To avoid constant bad beat by people, try these few websites, maybe can help.

Toapehkong_loyang.com.sg
Jesushelpme1time.net.xm
Ilovebadbeatgod.com.ub

For enquiry, u can email to enquiry@whyisosuay.gov.sg

Want to make appointment with bad beat god, call 6214 2822, give your passport no., then you are given a bank account, bank transfer SGD$42, then you shall be directed the way to meet the "badbeatgod".

lol....
Afternoon
Great White Shark

Medals: 12
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)
Helpful Kaki (2) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby cianopher » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 am

hahahaha UB...you rock!

badbeat god hahaha :lol:
cianopher
Shark

Medals: 5
Macau Cup Participant (1) Poker Face (1) Good Seller (3)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby necrohavoc » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:17 am

DM101 wrote:I can only say that poker is a zero sum game.

yup...at the end .. your sum of money is zero :D
necrohavoc
Long Jie 2x Champ

Medals: 13
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (4) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (2) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good home game host (1)

Next

Return to General Poker Chat