LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Anything and everything about the MV Leisure World

LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby support » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:43 am

It’s finally here folks, the one you’ve been waiting for! We’re capping off what’s been an amazing first season for the Leisure World Poker Series with a buffet of your favourite events at your favourite buy-ins! On board, we’ve got our popular Dafa Poker Live Freeroll, and look out for our long-awaited $888 CNY High Rollers’ Event! It’s going to feature ALL the champions of the main and rebuy events from LWPS II – V, so here’s your chance to face off against some of the very best in the community! Lastly, for the first time ever, you’ll be able to qualify for the LWPS Main Event via online freerolls on Dafa! Read on below for the details. Here’s the quick LWPS VI event lowdown:



Event

Date/Time

Description

Buy-in

Format

1

18/02/11
6pm

CNY $888 Mega-Satellite
2 Seats Guaranteed

$150

Freezeout

2

18/02/11
930pm

$888 CNY High Rollers’ Championship

$800 + $88

Freezeout

3

19/02/11
12pm

Dafa Poker Freeroll
USD$500 + 3 LWPS VI ME Seats Awarded

$0 + $20

Freezeout

4a

19/02/11
2pm

Main Event Flight 1
Capped at 90 players

$220 + $30

Freezeout

4b

19/02/11
7pm

Main Event Flight 2*
Capped at 80 players

$220 + $30

Freezeout

5

20/02/11
1pm

The CNY Bounty

$180 + $40 + $30

Bounty



*Players who bust Flight 1 will be permitted to play Flight 2.


All players who’ve played at least 7 LWPS events (Main events and side events both count) will be eligible for a lucky draw, where 3 Seats to the $888 High Rollers’ Championship will be awarded! The draw will take place at 930pm, 18/02/11, at the tournament venue. Check the list here to see if you’ve qualified!


How To Qualify for the LWPS VI Main Event Online:


USD$0 Freerolls to LWPS VI USD$11 Main Event Satellites

Thursdays and Sundays at 7pm (GMT + 8).
1 $11 Satellite Seat awarded for every 10 players.
Click ‘Scheduled’, then ‘Satellites’ on the lobby to locate freerolls.



USD$11 Satellites to LWPS VI Main Event ($11 direct-buy-in available)

Thursdays and Sundays at 9pm (GMT + 8).
1 Seat Guaranteed
Click ‘Scheduled’ on the lobby to locate satellites.

We’re looking to have the biggest LWPS turnout ever, so hurry and book your tickets!

User avatar
support
Site Admin
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:42 am
Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby wei3663 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:47 am

Nice ! Looking forward to !
wei3663
New Fish
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:29 pm

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby cianopher » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Mega-Satellite to $888, its a freezeout, not rebuy..hmm..

I might consider to try this one. Hehe..
User avatar
cianopher
Shark
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 pm
Medals: 5
Macau Cup Participant (1) Poker Face (1) Good Seller (3)

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby support » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:10 pm

cianopher wrote:Mega-Satellite to $888, its a freezeout, not rebuy..hmm..

I might consider to try this one. Hehe..


10 Qualified Seats + 2 Satellite Seats + 3 lucky draw Seats... Prize pool already hit SGD$12000 !!

Biggest Event Yet! :lol:
User avatar
support
Site Admin
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:42 am
Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby cianopher » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:49 pm

support wrote:
cianopher wrote:Mega-Satellite to $888, its a freezeout, not rebuy..hmm..

I might consider to try this one. Hehe..


10 Qualified Seats + 2 Satellite Seats + 3 lucky draw Seats... Prize pool already hit SGD$12000 !!

Biggest Event Yet! :lol:


15 players confirmed players, 3 places paid.

1st place: 6500
2nd place: 3500
3rd place: 2000

kekekeke... :lol:
User avatar
cianopher
Shark
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 pm
Medals: 5
Macau Cup Participant (1) Poker Face (1) Good Seller (3)

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby Afternoon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:23 pm

cianopher wrote:
support wrote:
cianopher wrote:Mega-Satellite to $888, its a freezeout, not rebuy..hmm..

I might consider to try this one. Hehe..


10 Qualified Seats + 2 Satellite Seats + 3 lucky draw Seats... Prize pool already hit SGD$12000 !!

Biggest Event Yet! :lol:


15 players confirmed players, 3 places paid.

1st place: 6500
2nd place: 3500
3rd place: 2000

kekekeke... :lol:


Should be more than 15 players ... Bryan, Joshua, Nat, Tan W Y, Kaya, Johnny chan, Phil Ivey, and Tom Dwan also coming ..... :mrgreen: ....... high roller event ... you know.
User avatar
Afternoon
Great White Shark
 
Posts: 981
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:28 pm
Medals: 12
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)
Helpful Kaki (2) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby hooligans » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi support,

I'm a new fish here, perhaps need some clarifications.


so let's say the total players join the tournament is = 90 players.
then they are divided into 10 tables (for example).

so? the director will wait till only one person left in each table? or how?
how would the director decide the player from each table? for instance
table 1 left 4 players, while table 2 left 3 players, table 7 left 7 players.

lastly, could the player change to other table as they like?

i hope the pokerkaki or support wont faint by my stupiak questions.
i thank you.
hooligans
New Fish
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:23 am

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby Afternoon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:51 pm

hooligans wrote:Hi support,

I'm a new fish here, perhaps need some clarifications.


so let's say the total players join the tournament is = 90 players.
then they are divided into 10 tables (for example).

so? the director will wait till only one person left in each table? or how?
how would the director decide the player from each table? for instance
table 1 left 4 players, while table 2 left 3 players, table 7 left 7 players.

lastly, could the player change to other table as they like?

i hope the pokerkaki or support wont faint by my stupiak questions.
i thank you.


Maybe i can answer your question.

Breaking of table .....

90 players are divided into 10 tables (9 handed).

When first 9 players busted out of the tourney and left with 81 players, TD would order to break 1 of the table and the players on this broken table would join into the empty seats of the remaining 9 tables with a drew of table assigning card.

Same process for total number of players go down to 72, 63, 54, 45 ....etc until Final Table.

Clear your doubt?
User avatar
Afternoon
Great White Shark
 
Posts: 981
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:28 pm
Medals: 12
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)
Helpful Kaki (2) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby hooligans » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Afternoon wrote:
hooligans wrote:Hi support,

I'm a new fish here, perhaps need some clarifications.


so let's say the total players join the tournament is = 90 players.
then they are divided into 10 tables (for example).

so? the director will wait till only one person left in each table? or how?
how would the director decide the player from each table? for instance
table 1 left 4 players, while table 2 left 3 players, table 7 left 7 players.

lastly, could the player change to other table as they like?

i hope the pokerkaki or support wont faint by my stupiak questions.
i thank you.


Maybe i can answer your question.

Breaking of table .....

90 players are divided into 10 tables (9 handed).

When first 9 players busted out of the tourney and left with 81 players, TD would order to break 1 of the table and the players on this broken table would join into the empty seats of the remaining 9 tables with a drew of table assigning card.

Same process for total number of players go down to 72, 63, 54, 45 ....etc until Final Table.

Clear your doubt?


i thank you.
hooligans
New Fish
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:23 am

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby eleester » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Dafa poker freeroll on 19th must be a player in Dafa poker rite? If not cannot join the freeroll? Not Like LWPS v where anyone can? Humm.. May have to download Dafa software soon liao if yes.. Anyway any Earlybird promotion for tix?
User avatar
eleester
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am
Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby xaz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:25 am

Hi I have a question here... for event 1 ($150 buyin) the 1st & 2nd would have satelite seats to $888 event. Would there be any ITM places for the 3rd,4th,etc...8th~12th place, (depending on number of participants) What is the max allowed number of players for event 1? Since the event will only last 3.5 hrs b4 event 2 commences, the blinds structure will be similar to the freeroll format? (i.e. not as deep as main event structures)

I'm not very sure abt bounty event definition, can some1 explain? Bounty cash reward given upfront on eliminating a certain player/players?
xaz
New Fish
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby ikelos » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:44 am

xaz wrote:Hi I have a question here... for event 1 ($150 buyin) the 1st & 2nd would have satelite seats to $888 event. Would there be any ITM places for the 3rd,4th,etc...8th~12th place, (depending on number of participants) What is the max allowed number of players for event 1? Since the event will only last 3.5 hrs b4 event 2 commences, the blinds structure will be similar to the freeroll format? (i.e. not as deep as main event structures)

I'm not very sure abt bounty event definition, can some1 explain? Bounty cash reward given upfront on eliminating a certain player/players?


1) The answers to your satellite questions all depend on the amount of entrants. We award 1 seat for every 6 entrants, so if there are 14 entrants for example, the prize money of the additional 2 players will be distributed as cash to the 3rd place.

2) There is no cap for the event

3) Yes the blind structure will not be as deep as the ME.

4) Each player will be issued a token. If you bust a player you collect his token. At the end of the tournament you simply exchange all the tokens you've accumulated for cash.
ikelos
Site Admin
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:04 pm
Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby donzo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:05 am

Hi All,

May I ask how long does a tournament usually last? For example, if I play a 2pm tournament, and let's say I make it to final table, is it possible for me to catch the 9:45pm ferry back to Habourfront Centre based on your experience?

Don
donzo
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Re: LWPS VI (18th Feb - 20th Feb 2011)

Postby kklp » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:22 pm

the final table takes place the following day (20/02) at 12pm.
kklp
ABC Poker Player
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:27 am

Next

Return to The Leisure World Poker Series

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 

Recent Posts

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Site

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner