Kings vs 72

Brag about the good, vent over the bad.

Kings vs 72

Postby Qingkun » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:48 pm

I went to this 1/1 game today and lose $438 in this $900 pot.

my stack was $438 and i'm in big blind position looking down at pocket king
2 of the mid position call $1
button rise to $8 with $600 or $700 behide
small blind call $8
I rise it to $48 on top coz the player on the button is kind of a loose aggressive player

2 mid position fold
botton call without thinking very long
small blind fold

pot now is $106

flop call QC 7H 7D

I check and the button bet out around $55
I rise it to $205
without thinking he went all in and i call

he show his 7C 2S and we run it one time but i nv hit....
Qingkun
New Fish

Re: Kings vs 72

Postby chenghao » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:13 pm

what the LAG is probably doing is stealing opening from the button, so when you 3b Preflop again , you signal that you have a strong hand.

So his plan changed from taking the blinds down uncontested to fit or fold e.g. make 2 pair or better on the Flop to try to take your whole stack.

By raising this dry flop , you are doing a thin bet as the range that will give you action in that situation is very small
(why is it dry ? paired board , uncoordinated , rainbow vs wet board : coordinated board like TJQ , 789 , 2 or 3 of the same suit dd , hh , ss , cc , DDD etc )

the bottom of the range would be QX , top of the range would be FH, A7s , etc.

would be advisable to check call the F with the intention to call him down depending on any reads you had of him (e.g. once and done , known to 3 barrels with air)
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby Qingkun » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:42 pm

I wanted the pot there at the flop so i did a check raise there and put in more then half of my stack. What would u do if u have pot in $263 and he put u all in with 180+ on top.... Pot is $516 and i think is kind of hard for me to let go of my hand coz no matter wad i still will have 2 outs if he have the 7 or pocket Q's
Qingkun
New Fish

Postby donzo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:02 pm

if i may just give my two cents worth, when we count our outs of improving our hands, we also need to bear in mind the outs of drawing dead..

the all-in should have made you think twice about the strength of your kings..
donzo
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby chenghao » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Qingkun wrote:I wanted the pot there at the flop so i did a check raise there and put in more then half of my stack. What would u do if u have pot in $263 and he put u all in with 180+ on top.... Pot is $516 and i think is kind of hard for me to let go of my hand coz no matter wad i still will have 2 outs if he have the 7 or pocket Q's

thats why you call and not raise the Flop , then decide the Turn

c/r is silly there as bluffs would fold there , better hands would push it

you want the bluffs to continue bluffing and better hands to earn less.

as for the marginal hands (QX , 88 - JJ) , well , my strategy isn't to earn the max from these spots , so it really differs from person to person how their overall strategy is . Then these spots should be changed according to the factors
chenghao
Great White Shark

Postby Qingkun » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 pm

I would like to share this other play that i have make few months back and i still can't think of how does this guy call

2/2 game
my stack was $1250 odd and i''m at cut off position looking down at 9d Jd
2 player from mid position call $2
i call $2
button rise it to $15 with $2100 odd behind
small blind fold
big blind fold
2 mid position call
i call also
pot now is $60

flop came 2c 10d Qc
2 mid postition check
i bet out $45 with an open hand
button call
both of the mid postion fold
pot is $150

2c 10d Qc turn an Ad

I check to the button and the button bet out $115
I raise it to $260 total
He re-raise me $300 on top
and i when all in with $640 on top of it (i was trying to do a semi bluff with my monster draw)
he think for around 2 to 3 mins and he say call

he turn his card over and it was As 3h
i really dunno how he make that call there when that r so many hand that can win help and he could also be drawing dead

the best part was we run 3 time and i miss it all

story of my fucking life
Qingkun
New Fish

Postby chenghao » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Qingkun wrote:I would like to share this other play that i have make few months back and i still can't think of how does this guy call

2/2 game
my stack was $1250 odd and i''m at cut off position looking down at 9d Jd
2 player from mid position call $2
i call $2
button rise it to $15 with $2100 odd behind
small blind fold
big blind fold
2 mid position call
i call also
pot now is $60

flop came 2c 10d Qc
2 mid postition check
i bet out $45 with an open hand (open ended straight draw)
button call
both of the mid postion fold
pot is $150

2c 10d Qc turn an Ad

I check to the button and the button bet out $115
I raise it to $260 total
He re-raise me $300 on top
and i when all in with $640 on top of it (i was trying to do a semi bluff with my monster draw)
he think for around 2 to 3 mins and he say call

he turn his card over and it was As 3h
i really dunno how he make that call there when that r so many hand that can win help and he could also be drawing dead

the best part was we run 3 time and i miss it all

story of my fucking life

do what we call a preflop pump or dump
either you raise , or you fold , calling is icky and makes it hard to play.

On the flop , while you do have an Open ender , there is a higher open ender out there ( KJ drawing 9 and A) , he hitting the A then you hitting the 8 would spell disaster.

the Flop is quite wet , QT2c , there are both flush draw and straight draws out there . Has he seen you lead ( you betting into the preflop raiser) the flop before ? how strong does he think you are when you do so ?

On the Flop , when you lead into him and he calls , his purpose is probably to peel an Ace , but what does he put you on ? Lets say you can lead with straight draw , flush draw , or TP

On the Turn , he loses only to the straight draw that completes

would you lead with a straight draw and then check when your draw hits ?

of course shouldn't discount sets / 2 pairs here , but generally he peels rather light. easy to extract value from . difficult to semi bluff , so don't semi bluff him , just bet for value and draw if its cheap
chenghao
Great White Shark

Postby Vinally » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:41 am

Qingkun, the best is to stick to 100bb to 200bb. do not play so overdeep stack, like 600bb for 1/1. and 2/2, almost 500bb. dont put all into one basket.

i think i wont comment on your game, about same as chenghao already point them out. heh.
Vinally
Challenge Poker Player

Postby mvp_user » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:05 pm

it's easy to come up with theories once the hands are flipped open . KK vs 72 in this case is just a scenario of a bad beat . Even check calling the flop , turn and river would eventually lead to u losing ur whole stack . Check calling would induce more barrels or stacking the Villain off if he indeed has QX . However with every poker play comes with pros and cons , check calling the flop after 3 betting pre is a really strong line and if the villain is an experienced player enough he'd shut down if he had QX or even 7X as u could easily have QQ full in that spot . Raising on the flop would be the best choice as since the stacks were pretty deep , raising there would get the villain more committed and even stack him off with AQ in that spot a high % of the time . Thus really no right or wrong way to play this hand really . i'd assume that the villain in this case has confidence that he can outplay u or even put u on a range of hands , from AQ being the worst to AK , QQ ,KK , AA in ascending order.
mvp_user
New Fish

Postby chenghao » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:02 pm

mvp_user wrote:it's easy to come up with theories once the hands are flipped open . KK vs 72 in this case is just a scenario of a bad beat . Even check calling the flop , turn and river would eventually lead to u losing ur whole stack . Check calling would induce more barrels or stacking the Villain off if he indeed has QX . However with every poker play comes with pros and cons , check calling the flop after 3 betting pre is a really strong line and if the villain is an experienced player enough he'd shut down if he had QX or even 7X as u could easily have QQ full in that spot . Raising on the flop would be the best choice as since the stacks were pretty deep , raising there would get the villain more committed and even stack him off with AQ in that spot a high % of the time . Thus really no right or wrong way to play this hand really . i'd assume that the villain in this case has confidence that he can outplay u or even put u on a range of hands , from AQ being the worst to AK , QQ ,KK , AA in ascending order.

if you a read on a player who would play a Qx on a dry board IP this way when checked to , by all means raise to get value from him. However in most cases , you would be crushed by the hand that calls your check/raise/shove line. Of course i might be wrong and those LAG regulars disagree with me , but i am a nit at heart. So what i said is my way to play
chenghao
Great White Shark

Return to Hand Histories - Good & Bad Beats