New guy trying out poker online

Ask poker-related questions and let the community extend a helping hand
Important Information
Ask a question and the community will answer.

New guy trying out poker online

Postby Gamblah » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Hey guys, This is elfie.
I've been playing poker for a few months using play money like the one on facebook and i wish to play at another level.
which is how i ended up at this website.

anyway, i have a couple of questions to ask.
i am interested to know more about pokerstars and fulltilt poker.

does fulltilt poker have play money mode? because i wish to try out the platform before depositing any money

I have played pokerstars play money. i was wondering, is there limit to the amount of table im allowed to play at once on cash game? because the play money mode has a 5 table limit. what about fulltilt poker cash game? or play money games?

Also, regarding the $600 initial deposit bonus. I was wondering, have anybody tried to capitalize on this? since it can be done for the first 3 deposit, have anyone tried to deposit 3 x $600?
your money deposited = $1800
bonus total = $1800.
then maybe sell all the funds. make another account, repeat?
i believe the above is too easy and there must be something that im missing here. care to point out?

I am thinking if i were to play cash game, it would probably be fulltilt poker due to the 27% rakeback because after some reading it seemed to me that the chances of me becoming those vip players are very very slim.

As i am a casual player who wont be spending much on online poker, maybe just $10-$20 / month. I wish to get as much rakeback as possible. So i guessed fulltilt poker is the way to go. Thoughts?

Thanks a mil guys.
Gamblah
New Fish

Re: New guy trying out poker online

Postby Vinally » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:38 pm

does fulltilt poker have play money mode? because i wish to try out the platform before depositing any money

yes it have.

I have played pokerstars play money. i was wondering, is there limit to the amount of table im allowed to play at once on cash game? because the play money mode has a 5 table limit. what about fulltilt poker cash game? or play money games?

Both have number of table limits, PS 24 i think (not sure), FT 16 (i think la) and FT rush is 4.

Also, regarding the $600 initial deposit bonus. I was wondering, have anybody tried to capitalize on this? since it can be done for the first 3 deposit, have anyone tried to deposit 3 x $600?
your money deposited = $1800
bonus total = $1800.
then maybe sell all the funds. make another account, repeat?
i believe the above is too easy and there must be something that im missing here. care to point out?

No. it is only max $600 bonus, which mean that when u deposit any amounts up to 600 in 90 days. for example, u deposit 200, pending bonus 200, one week later, u wanna deposit 200, pending bonus 200, you have used up 400 bonus and left 200 bonus for you. for clearer info, u can find it at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promoti ... posit-100/

I am thinking if i were to play cash game, it would probably be fulltilt poker due to the 27% rakeback because after some reading it seemed to me that the chances of me becoming those vip players are very very slim.

Not at all, if you put volume, for etc to reach black card (vip, 500 points), according to 2+2 forum, 4 tab nl50 rush poker in 2 week, say 4 or 5 hrs per day, u will reach BC vip in no time. :)

As i am a casual player who wont be spending much on online poker, maybe just $10-$20 / month. I wish to get as much rakeback as possible. So i guessed fulltilt poker is the way to go. Thoughts?

Yes. FT is the answer.

Thanks a mil guys.[/quote]
Vinally
Challenge Poker Player

Postby eleester » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 pm

For the 600 bonus, as vinally pointed out, it is only for the 1st 600 tat u deposit. Just to add on.. It is given in increment of $10.. And u must earn 170 VPP to get each $10. Means for the full 600 u need to earn 6x1700 VPP...
eleester
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby Gamblah » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Thanks for both very informative responds. Its very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Thread closed. (: :mrgreen:
Gamblah
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Gamblah » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Another question if you dont mind,

In pokerstar, when i play texas holdem poker, they have a tiny tip on what your hand has, say two pairs or something like that. which makes it easier when i am playing multiple table. i just can glimpse at the tip for 1 sec and know what i has. Without the tip, i have to analyse what i have more closely, which takes time.

So far, when i play fulltilt poker i couldnt find any option to enable this.

Does fulltilt poker not have this function?

Thanks.

edit: i wish to start playing cash games. do i have to initially sent money thru moneybookers or can i just purchase funds from kaki marketplace?

edit2: i've been reading about rakes, and i have a question, how do they collect rake? for example
full tilt poker:
2player rake-$0.01 for every $0.20 in Pot max $0.50
so it every player forks out $0.01 or they take the rake after the showdown so that the 'winner' is the one who actually pays the rake.?
Gamblah
New Fish

Return to Community Service