very disciplined players you have met?

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

very disciplined players you have met?

Postby linkensphere » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:24 pm

i played against this very disciplined guy on pokerstars, this is what happened..

i had [Jd][Td] .

after 4 people limped i raised 4.50.

2 guys called me,pot was 17.50

flop comes out [Ad] [4d] [Ah]

they both check to me,and i had a flush draw so i fired 10.00

1 of them fold then leaves this guy to heads up with me for a pot of 37.50.

turn comes out [Qc]

i decided to fire another bullet of 16.00 and hoping he would fold,but he snap calls me.

the river came out a very interesting one, a [Qh] , leaving me to miss my flush.

which means now the board has [Ah] [Ad] [Qc] [Qh] and i had a decent high card [Jd]. i was alittle uncertain because he might have that king high or even the full boat, but i decided to give it a go anyway.

with the pot being 59.50, i raised another 40.00 expecting him to call already but he folds and i took the pot.

i was surprised at first because he snapped called me twice, so i was expecting him to have a monster.

but guess what, he told me he had pocket 7's and he was putting me on a flush draw, though i missed my flush, the board hit 2 overpairs of aces and queens. therefore leaving him with 7 high and therefore he lays his hand down.

i was completely amazed as he made the right read,right calls and right fold.after that hand he went on to sweep the table and earned back what he lost to me.
linkensphere
ABC Poker Player

Re: very disciplined players you have met?

Postby chenghao » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:00 pm

You probably can't beat that stake if thats the case , so either go to a stake that you can beat or play for fun ( if u don't like losing money)
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby MaTaKazer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:56 pm

2 easy leak by you. Your bets are weak especially on the turn. If you had a made hand already, you would have betted more to protect your hand against drawing hands. But nice read by the guy anyway.

Also, why did you fired the river knowing you would not get called by worse?

What stake was it?

IDK, I am just a fish.
MaTaKazer
ABC Poker Player

Postby axel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:42 pm

He's probably lying to you. If he really put you on a flush draw, why won't he raise you on the turn for value? Better yet, he can always bluffraise you on the river.
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby targetnuts » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:11 pm

dude if he dont have the discipline to lay down 7 high on the river he probably shouldnt be playing 100nl,100nl is incredibly advanced and the thought process there are really complicated.it takes more than just ordinary intelligence and studying 24/7 to be able to break thru the micro stakes and low stakes to become a winner at 100nl+.books cannot teach u how to beat 100nl.most people end up becoming breakeven players or rakeback grinders at 10nl,25nl or 50nl even after years of playing and studying.if he calls a pot size bet with 7 high on the river,hes no better than a calling station at 0.01/0.02.
targetnuts
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Afternoon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:06 pm

He would have call you any if the river is not a Q. Quite a standard fold as he cannot even beat your 28o blaff.
Afternoon
Great White Shark

Medals: 12
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)
Helpful Kaki (2) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby xcaliblur » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:09 pm

actually.. i dont know how to comment this~ if you say the villain is "very disciplined", how can he call flop and turn when it is so dry board?
AA4Q he call 2 barrels against preflop raiser with 77? Doesnt sound very disciplined to me
If he is so sure you were on flush draw then wouldnt the correct play to raise on the flop?

Calling all the way to river with 77 on a board like this doesnt make him sound disciplined

And terrible play by you as well... you peg villain as disciplined player yet you decide to fire a 3 barrell bluff on a board of AA4QQ. The first 2 shots might be weakly justified, but the third was just plain horrible- as many above have pointed out...
xcaliblur
Challenge Poker Player

Return to General Poker Chat