is MTT better than single table?

Discuss the intricacies of the most popular format of them all

is MTT better than single table?

Postby xcaliblur » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi all, im a regular single tabler SNG in PokerStars.

Just want to quickly ask- how is the MTT? How long do they take on Stars? Do they have better variance or ROI compared to single tables?
xcaliblur
Challenge Poker Player

Re: is MTT better than single table?

Postby pokerace » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:20 pm

My opinion is Mtt have more fishes than sng.Sng have more regular .Variance in mtt is obviously higher than sng.For 180 is 2 to 3hr,3000 above 6 to 8hr.Look at our kaki Felix Leong his mtt is fxxx good.GL to u!!!
pokerace
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby ronshaks » Fri May 06, 2011 1:01 am

I'm all for MTTs. more $$$ overall. upside potential for a good size MTT is about 1000x for top 1 & 2 spots. that works out to be something like 100,000% returns for 10-12 hours' play time...

SNGs tend to suck the $$$ out of you. better go for blackjack. else the cash games not too bad, but very hard to reach 100,000% return lor :(
Last edited by ronshaks on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronshaks
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby felixleong » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:00 pm

if u wanna grind for a living SNG will give u more stable returns, you can check out your stats and top players at http://www.sharkscope.com/
say if you can make 10% roi playing $10 SNGs, you make $1 per table you play, if you can 9 table per hour, you can easily make $9 an hour and so on.

MTT is more for the casual players, playing on weekends there are tons of donks/fishes you call it man. but the variance is super high... you can have long streaks without any major cash finish, to deal with that you have to play a lot and have a big bankroll say 100-200 BI
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby ronshaks » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:51 am

true true... but i guess i can't 9 table anything... lol... i can onli get one game into my netbook at a time or else i'll go blind :)

but i guess i'm a sucker for mtt because i have this at the back of my mind that i need to get some training in for wsop (lol!!!!) because die die also have to make it to wsop before i go off to sell salted duck eggs.

oh, btw, the sharkscope opt in any good arr? they say maybe can win a few thousand $$$ wor in lucky pick draw.
ronshaks
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Return to Multi Table Tournaments ( MTTs)