Looking for coach

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Looking for coach

Postby gascoigne » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:38 am

Hi guys,

I'm a 28 year old looking for a coach. If anyone willing to provide their services and records, please email me at yeow0008@gmail.com.

My budget: At most $50 per session and coaching for at least 2 months

Target: To be able to play well online and live
gascoigne
New Fish

Re: Looking for coach

Postby chenghao » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:17 am

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5165

His a very good coach ! highly recommended!

This is my account before his coaching

http://www.poker-edge.com/poker-player-stats/iridiot/

This is my account after his coaching

http://www.poker-edge.com/poker-player-stats/wockets/
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby gascoigne » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:34 am

I did ask him for advice, but i want to look for a coach that is willing to meet up.
gascoigne
New Fish

Postby 8ivan8 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi there,

What is your definition of playing well?

Be able to improve from losing to Break Even? Or from Break Even to winning a bit/ a lot?

At what stakes do you wanna beat live and online?

Why dont you tell the Kakis so we can find out more information, there are a lot of decent coaches out there.

Cheers

Ivan
8ivan8
Executive Tournament Director

Medals: 9
Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby gascoigne » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:25 pm

playing well - making 2BB/100 hands consistently - be able to improve from losing abit to winning abit

Live - I want to beat $2/$4
online - I want to beat $10/$20

I have played a few live games, squandered my $50 (free from XXXXXX) online

Thanks for guiding me with your questions Ivan
gascoigne
New Fish

Postby 8ivan8 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi,

FYI..
Making 2BB/100 hands on 10/20 usd online will make u a fortune. It is not easy to beat th games online for 2BB/100 at such high stakes.

Online....
Questions to ask yourself, how much time u want to devote to the game. At what stakes u wish to start off playing at?

$1/$2? U need 5k usd for this at least to get going, how long do you hope to improve yourself to 10/20? Do a graph based on number of hands and tables/time u play each day. Let us know how long it will take to build your bankroll form 5k usd to 50000 usd winning 2bb/100 hands moving up stakes to 2/4,5/10 in between.

Live.....
Beating $2/$4 live games, easy. 1st of all how much bankroll you going to start wif? On average in SG buy-ins are approx $1k-$2k. I assume u need 20k sgd to get going on this one. This task is almost 5 times easier to achieve then the one above.

Honestly i feel u are asking way too much for a $50 coaching per session. Think about it, if the coach could make so much $$ playing at the level u are expecting him to teach you. Why would he bother to coach you for $50 per hour?

Re-plan and Re-think before you proceed.

Cheers
8ivan8
Executive Tournament Director

Medals: 9
Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby gascoigne » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:47 pm

I guess i really don't know enough...I'm sorry if I asked too much...sorry Ivan

I currently have a bankroll of 10k and the main reason I want a coach is I want to know how to best use this online and live games. Sorry if it seems like I need spoon-feeding (I guess I do)

I don't know the market rate, I'm just a new player wanting to hone his skills as much as possible and want to know how
gascoigne
New Fish

Postby pokerace » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:47 am

First thing most of them charge by hour ranging from $80 to $200.One of them is free but no time to meet u right?Secondly u need to have hem or pt3 for online games.Some also have term and condition,after coaching take certain % of your winning.Same as u,I also like to meet a coach with face to face lesson rather than using skype or msn.Hope to hear from u if u found a coach!
pokerace
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby Lurker » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:52 am

i not a coach but i a fairly decent player.i usually played with my friends from work like 2-3 times a month provided if our shifts allow us to. i can suggest you to join me for a game or two. learn from experience is one of the fastest way to grow. after the games i dont mind discuss tactics with you or maybe point out some bad calls done by you during the game. who knows i might learn something from you. `=)
Lurker
New Fish

Return to General Poker Chat