Call or fold?

Ask poker-related questions and let the community extend a helping hand
Important Information
Ask a question and the community will answer.

Re: Call or fold?

Postby J-ustin-lee » Wed May 25, 2011 10:00 pm

axel wrote:Really can't imagine a long term winner over-limping with a strong Axc preflop.

What do you think is the right play?

Stat - 26.5/18.6/3 - 450 hands
J-ustin-lee
Challenge Poker Player

Postby xcaliblur » Thu May 26, 2011 12:14 am

i would definitely call. There are many other possibilities that villain could have that would make his play. AK or K9 (flopped straight), set, a smaller flush maybe even 2 pairs depending on his type of play. Board is not paired, the only hand you lose to is a higher flush. Dont forget that your flush is a backdoor flush. People will not usually put you on that.

If say flop comes all clubs, or a paired board, then yes, maybe folding is a good idea here.

In the end you just have to bite the bullet and call here. Board is very ncie for your hand. - possible straight, no possible fullhouse and you made your flush via runner runner. There just arent many possibilities that beats your hand, whereas there are many more hands that you might have beat.

If he DOES have the A flush, then hey too bad, its a cooler. Sort of like folding KK preflop- never a good idea, even if you think villain might have AA.

My 2 cents
xcaliblur
Challenge Poker Player

Postby axel » Thu May 26, 2011 9:40 pm

J-ustin-lee wrote:
axel wrote:Really can't imagine a long term winner over-limping with a strong Axc preflop.

What do you think is the right play?

Stat - 26.5/18.6/3 - 450 hands

Bet more on the river ($1.20-$1.60) and call the shove.
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Postby benang91 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 pm

FOLD

1) Limper pot is always the most dangerous pot and must be played with cautious

2) No history with this player and totally no nuts how he played

3) Agrees with views from @Phuturist

4) "The greatest glory doesn't lies in how you win with the nuts, but the hardest is at folding monster hands"
benang91
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby ibelieveindevil » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:11 am

almost impossible to fold for me. definately call. what cards can he even have? someone with AK suited never rise?
ibelieveindevil
New Fish

Postby Brasstal » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:29 am

usually its an easy fold imo unless u have seen him bet the non-nut this way several times ie. over valuing his hands
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Medals: 11
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby Afternoon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:45 am

I would have use a coin.

Head I call, tail I fold.
Afternoon
Great White Shark

Medals: 12
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Poker Face (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)
Helpful Kaki (2) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Postby error4147 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:03 am

wow .. lots if crazy comments ... hey dude . i was a regular player on ft on 50nl and 100 nl and use to beat that game with 5.2 BB/100 in a 150k sample size so trust me this is a absolute call on the micro stakes .. folding is the worst thing you can do here ...you have to call cuz the villain has to many sets plus two pairs in his range that is going to pay you off .. plus lots of lower flush possibilities there .. and the most impotent reason for calling is that it is the micro stakes dude ..i played enough hands on this level to say that youre Q high flush is the nuts in this situation ...

btw , i just see that you posted the villain`s stats.. believe me any thing more than 19/15 could nt be winner .. and based on 450 hands you could nt decide if the player is a long term winner or not ...

best of luck
error4147
New Fish

Postby Brasstal » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:30 am

I think if a micro reg says call it's a call then u prob shud speak more with experienced regs at ur stakes n understand the stakes/players best of luck
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Medals: 11
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby Sycal » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Depends on how he plays, with this minimal info, and that amazing overshaft, it was probably a good fold.. Cheers (Y)
Sycal
New Fish

Postby linkensphere » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:08 pm

looks like a fish with bad bet-sizing,i will call.
linkensphere
ABC Poker Player

Postby realgold » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:31 pm

folding is fine here unless u have seen him doing this with less than a premium hand.
the pot is so small that calling would be a big mistake if we don't have much info about villain's style, while folding is only a small mistake if he really does play this wild. it is high possibility that villain is limping preflop with Ax suited or Kx suited
realgold
New Fish

Postby felixleong » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:13 am

easy call here. sometimes u will see a higher flush, but many more times u will take the pot down, over the long run more +EV to call. cheers ^^
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Previous

Return to Community Service