Closed

Brag about the good, vent over the bad.

Closed

Postby XYtexas » Thu May 12, 2011 8:10 am

Thanks Guys for the input
Last edited by XYtexas on Thu May 12, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XYtexas
Challenge Poker Player

Re: Opinion

Postby chenghao » Thu May 12, 2011 10:11 am

Assuming i want to win the tournament (vs merely itm-ing and vs SnG) , before itm-ing phase ( vs itm-ing and bubbling) and 9 handed

Take it this is an Online Game, Blinds Now 75/150 Ante 20

Your Cards : AJ in Middle Position with 6400 Chips

Villain in Cut Off Position with 3400 Chips

1 M level ( the amount it cost for one orbit) = 75 + 150 + 9 x 20 = 405

hero's effective stacks = 15.8 M
villain's effective stacks = 8.4M

1) when u open 400 in MP and villain 3B the amount he puts in would probably commit him , pot has 405 + 400 + min 800 = 1600 , his stack would have at most 2.6K , if u call , there would be 2K in the pot , @ 2.6K , the Stack to pot ratio = 1.3 , he would be pushing pretty light. there is a 1/3 chance to hit your hand on the flop , 2/3 chance of not hitting . If you do hit the ace , you would probably be out kicked ( 1/6 of the time) Only thing you hope to hit would be the J , and still you would be behind the overpair. When you don't hit , you would have to fold if he push and thats not good for your stack. So a fold preflop would be advisable

2/3/4/5 ) i would not lead out on AQ8r or j72r flop ,if its heads up. Instead , i would check/call flop or lead the turn. This leads to getting action from a wider range of hands. Some say you shouldn't slow play . But in this instance , the pot is large enough compared to stacks so a potsized / slight overbet on the turn (2.4k into 2k pot) would be less shocking then say betting 16k into a 2k pot).

6) even if his restealing , AJ is dominated by way too many hands. I would fold up to AQo at this spot. I would give action probably only with AK , JJ+

scenario two : i would only give action with KK and AA
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Re: Opinion

Postby axel » Thu May 12, 2011 7:49 pm

IMO, all the situations above can be summarized with this:

Don't call a preflop shove or preflop 3bet holding AJ with 20bb effective stack, especially since you open in MP. But once you flop top pair, you won't be folding even if villian shoves. What chenghao said makes sense, since you are either way ahead/way behind in that spot, giving a free card is ok and it allows villian to bluff or continue with a wide range.

Disclaimer: I'm not good in MTT, so take my words with a pinch of salt.
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Closed

Postby XYtexas » Thu May 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Closed
XYtexas
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads