Macau Poker Cup - Red Dragon/Pokerstar Package

Discuss the hottest news in the Asian poker landscape

Macau Poker Cup - Red Dragon/Pokerstar Package

Postby turnmill » Sat May 21, 2011 6:27 am

Hi all,

Anyone of you got the MPC Red Dragon $16+R 3x-Turbo Qualifier Package with 2 night Value Add accomodation?

I find it weird, the accomodation of the package is from 1st June to 3rd June even though tournament ends on 5th June?

That means if get to Day 2 have to pay for own accomodation? Some more kenna put on Day 1A

The last time I got the same package in , it was on Day 1B

Has anyone kenna the same thing? I just find it really strange this time.

Thanks!
turnmill
New Fish

Re: Macau Poker Cup - Red Dragon/Pokerstar Package

Postby fleung22 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:46 pm

turnmill wrote:Hi all,

Anyone of you got the MPC Red Dragon $16+R 3x-Turbo Qualifier Package with 2 night Value Add accomodation?

I find it weird, the accomodation of the package is from 1st June to 3rd June even though tournament ends on 5th June?

That means if get to Day 2 have to pay for own accomodation? Some more kenna put on Day 1A

The last time I got the same package in , it was on Day 1B

Has anyone kenna the same thing? I just find it really strange this time.

Thanks!

Hi Turnmill,

Thought I'd give you an explanation.

Originally, the packages were for Red Dragon entry, cash, and 5 nights hotel. With the growth of the Macau Poker Cup and our online satellite winners it's simply impossible to just "value add" all these hotel nights. Therefore, the cost of hotel was split between the package by both the players and PokerStars Macau.

However, the packages ended up being too expensive and we weren't raising enough funds to continue. Therefore, we reverted to our previous satellite package for the Red Dragon with the primary purpose being to increase the numbers in the main event.

For those who got the 2 hotel nights value added these are FREE rooms. Basically you have a place to stay and can play out Day 2 and see if you're in the money. If you're in the money then hotel is a second thought. If you don't make it and hotel cost is an issue then you could return to your place of origin.

Hope that helps anyways.

See you soon and good luck.
fleung22
Pokerstar Macau Rep

Medals: 2
Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Re: Macau Poker Cup - Red Dragon/Pokerstar Package

Postby turnmill » Thu May 26, 2011 1:02 am

Hey, thanks for the reply

A correction and suggestion, with the value at 2 night, it would have been better to place the player at Day 1B, then if get to day 2, at least it's the check out day (Playing day 2, if get thru)

Friday 03-Jun 2:10 PM Event 5: Red Dragon $3,000,000 Guarantee, Day 1B
Saturday 04-Jun 12:10 PM Event 5: Red Dragon - Day 2

If you look at being placed at Day 1A, 3rd June the checkout date is Day 1B (Not yet Day 2)

Thursday 02-Jun 2:10 PM Event 5: Red Dragon $3,000,000 Guarantee, Day 1A
Friday 03-Jun 2:10 PM Event 5: Red Dragon $3,000,000 Guarantee, Day 1B (Check out day, Day 2 is at 4th Jun Saturday)

I agree because of structure change so this have to give way, in Feb, Day 1B and Day 2 is the same day

Just a thought and thanks for the clarification :)
turnmill
New Fish

Return to Asian Poker News