Female poker players...

Discuss the basics, psychology, probability, table selection etc.

Female poker players...

Postby Buttersleeves » Mon May 23, 2011 9:03 am

<redacted>
Last edited by Buttersleeves on Wed May 24, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buttersleeves
New Fish

Re: Female poker players...

Postby Vinally » Mon May 23, 2011 10:23 am

yes it is quite common to see some girls on the table. Go try join one of the place for the experience.

If you feel that it is rigged, just play your A game and some discipline as such stop-loss limit. You don't have to worry the other cheating forms. :), or against more imitated players.

yes it is fun to play against strangers, mindfxxx them or taunt them. But end up all become nice friends.

Read more books and one most important thing is bankroll management.
Vinally
Challenge Poker Player

Postby chenghao » Mon May 23, 2011 10:56 am

Just do it!
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby linkensphere » Mon May 23, 2011 1:04 pm

hihi i'm a girl too! hehehex
linkensphere
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby chenghao » Mon May 23, 2011 10:59 pm

linkensphere wrote:hihi i'm a girl too! hehehex

n u play dota too
chenghao
Great White Shark

Postby axel » Tue May 24, 2011 12:41 am

There are no girls on the internet!
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Postby Buttersleeves » Tue May 24, 2011 4:02 am

<redacted>
Last edited by Buttersleeves on Wed May 24, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buttersleeves
New Fish

Postby axel » Tue May 24, 2011 4:52 am

Is poker considered gambling to you? Different people look at this game differently, and thus play it differently as well.

Other than tourneys, there are tons of people playing this game online and making 5 to 6 digits each year. To these people, poker is considered a job and thus it is necessary for them to study this constantly evolving game on a regular basis.
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Good Seller (2)

Postby chenghao » Tue May 24, 2011 9:38 am

Buttersleeves wrote:I've played dota... and L4D. Okay this was a one-time thing a week ago but zombies are so sick. Girls can enjoy those kinda games too!

Chenghao, are people that serious about poker that they read up on do absolute "studies" on the game and their method of play? I think unless you are aiming for some title in those tournaments, taking poker too seriously might just take the fun out of it (unless of course, you are really playing for the cha-ching cha-ching).

To me, this game is a perfect viewing glass into the behaviors of each individual... I've learnt a lot about a person's character from the way they treat their fellow opponents, handle their losses, parade their winning hands and obsess/value their luck and reputation. It's fun to read into one's personality with their reactions and playing style... but then again perhaps I just take the psychological-behavioral aspects of the game too literally.

Another note, this forum does give the impression that many do like to gamble and play to earn money though. Maybe all of Singapore's problem gamblers have moved away from soccer betting and the coffee shop bookies, and are lurking around on this website... :)

wow gamer girl + poker babe ! got picture ? :oops: well , imho , there are many types of pleasure u can get from the game

Some people i know do spend a lot of effort in poker . No matter what field or industry you are in , its good to be the best in that area. No exceptions for poker. Taking poker seriously can be fun as well. The leveling game (the i think he thinks i think this way game - your interpretation of how he perceives your perception ), the optimization of your game (reducing the leaks in your game , so that you don't lose money in certain spots ), spotting other's tendencies( this guy cold calls preflop to fit and fold , that guy loves to draw flush regardless of the price ) , etc , are beyond the simple pleasure of pawing the pot .

When something as fundamental as money is involved , it tends to show the true colours of individuals , provided they are not aware of it already ( akin to observer's effect if they do).

This forum congregates poker players who tend to fit your description :o. But would poker be the preferred choice of problem gamblers ? maybe its up to you to find out
chenghao
Great White Shark

Postby linkensphere » Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 am

buttersleeves maybe we can meet up and discuss about poker???? i'm sure chenghao will be interested to join in as well yeah? ;)
linkensphere
ABC Poker Player

Postby Buttersleeves » Tue May 24, 2011 12:56 pm

<redacted?
Last edited by Buttersleeves on Wed May 24, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buttersleeves
New Fish

Postby axel » Tue May 24, 2011 1:24 pm

If you don't believe that poker is gambling, why would it be a game of inconsistent results and returns?
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Good Seller (2)

Postby eleester » Tue May 24, 2011 1:42 pm

In anycase, it is great to see a female poker in this forum. Too dominated by Yang energy already. The only female I saw in this forum is Champagne.

Personally I have to disagree that poker is a form of gambling. Gambling games like bacarat and big/small are all based on luck. Your fate is already sealed when the cards are dealed or the dices are rolled. In poker, at least you are in control of your own fate. You can choose to fold when you feel the situation is dire. You have to think many steps ahead of your opponents and adapt to the situation accordingly. Those are things that you will not find in gambling. Granted luck is involved, but it can only bring you to a certain level. Skill is still needed to have a breakthrough.

Somebody in this forum once told me. Poker is like a chess game aka a battlefield. You are the general, the chips are your soldiers, your hole cards are your weapons and the felt is the battlefield. Based on all this factors, you as the general make the important decisions as to whether you are able to win the war or lessen your casualities.

Hope you do learn and gain something from your poker journey. Beside monetary gains, you can make friends, character improvement and the ability to handle situation better. Of course you also gain the ability to mindf**k..haha...

Just my 2 cents of opinions.
eleester
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby chenghao » Tue May 24, 2011 1:51 pm

The best few players have a consistent + roi , like http://www.randylew.com/ so its probably not really a game of chance i guess?

His graph can be seen here : http://www.poker-edge.com/poker-player-stats/nanonoko/

http://www.pokertableratings.com/blog/2 ... than-luck/

these players besides desiring the monetary rewards , love the game as well

there are professional players in singapore as well , just because they never reveal themselves doesn't mean they are not there!

like http://brasstal.livejournal.com/ bryan
chenghao
Great White Shark

Next

Return to General Poker Strategy