The most horrendous tourney ruling ever?

Discuss the hottest news in the Asian poker landscape

The most horrendous tourney ruling ever?

Postby MJFX » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:09 am

Extracted from Pokerportal.asia
And more updates here:
http://www.pokerportal.asia/players-int ... -incident/

According to the poker blog www.ashtoncartwright.com, a horrendous tournament ruling has just gone down at the weekend’s FTP 500 (AUD $500,000 prize pool) poker tournament in Sydney, Australia. In the chip lead, Jacky Wang was the unfortunate player on the receiving end whilst looking at a board of K-7-6-6 and holding Pocket Sevens. Reportedly, he asked his opponent how much he had behind him and was replied “50,000”. Wang then said, “OK, I bet 50,000”. His opponent responded by pushing his entire stack in before announcing “I call”. Wang showed his hand but the opponent – who was apparently drawing dead – pointed out he actually had 52,500 and asked for a ruling on whether Wang’s hand was now a muck because he showed it. The TD was called over and he agreed Wang’s hand was a muck for revealing it whilst betting was still occurring. Considering that at stake was a first prize of AUD $133,000 in cash, a brand new Audi TT car and Main Event tickets to the WSOP and Aussie Millions, Wang is perhaps justified in feeling more than a little miffed.
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Re: The most horrendous tourney ruling ever?

Postby cianopher » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:32 am

oh Jacky, my fellow friend.

I really feel for him. It is definitely unfair. I really hope he gets some kind of good compensation :)
cianopher
Shark

Medals: 5
Macau Cup Participant (1) Poker Face (1) Good Seller (3)

Postby Siamsgotnuts » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:16 pm

So Basicaly lying and cheating is allowed in a poker tournament, Great i will have to remember that one :roll:
Siamsgotnuts
New Fish

Postby richy88 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Wow, did his opponent do it on purpose to trap?
If he did, that really using the term "I'm all in".
richy88
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Return to Asian Poker News