Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby tcs » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:40 pm

chenghao wrote:if no $$ involved kinda pointless right ? might as well play facebook poker


and this is a good point?
is there any games "behind" the scenes?
or is it something like what i am thinking?

this federation is just to get "people who are enthusiastic"
and save it in the laptop and call them when "someone" gonna do the game ?

sorry if i offended anyone.

i thank you
User avatar
tcs
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby yeohw » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:00 pm

I think Pokerman will be super super interested to join this non-profitable society.

"lol, any games?"
yeohw
New Fish
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby ronshaks » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:33 pm

"regardless of nationality"... eh dat means malaysians also can be members arr? :)
User avatar
ronshaks
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 am
Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby PokerFederation » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:06 pm

The Singapore Poker Federation likes to thank its members for supporting the first event held yesterday at the Clubhouse. It was a fun afternoon, where members get to know other fellow players and pitt their skills against one and another.

Our special guests were Ivan Tan and Kaki boss, Chris, and the usually active 'Afternoon' Bob was there to lighten up the players. 2 seats to main event of LWPS were won by players Chucky and Cheney, and a 500pcs PokerMate chipset was taken away by Darren from XO team, at the afternoon free-roll, fun event.

Once again, we look forward to more support by our poker community here and more will join us at our next event. We gratefully thank our sponsor, PokerMate for making the event possible.
See you at the final table!

The Organizing Committe,
Poker Federation of Singapore
PokerFederation
New Fish
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:47 am

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby MikeTheFish » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:14 pm

i tot point 2 no cash games allowed?

PokerFederation wrote:
tcs wrote:1. must the candidate be singaporean? PR accepted? or foreigner? :roll:

2. what does this poker federation of singapore do? can play cash game legally? or tournament legally?

3. where is the location? is it somewhere Neil Road? 2 storey?

thanks.



To answer your questions..

1. Everyone above 18 is welcome to join as members of the Singapore Poker Federation, (Registered Society T09SS0057-F) regardless of nationality or religion. The Poker Federation is a non-profit organization, like any other registered society or Association, such as Golf Association..etc, but cater for the poker community here. As mentioned in the post here, our objective is to provide a platform for poker aficionados, to meet, get to know fellow players and for poker players to contribute to society, to enhance the image of poker players, as often seen by many, as gamblers. The Singapore Poker Federation is inspired by PokerGives.org in the USA, and we work closely with them. We also pledge to donate part of our fund raised from fund-rising efforts for our future events.

2. Cash game or meaning Gambling is strictly prohibited at the Federation or anywhere in Singapore. From time to time, we will organise tournaments, such as the proposed Singapore Poker league to select the 'Team Singapore', we have seek approval from the local authorities.

3. Please note that the Singapore Poker Federation is governed by its Constitution and is strictly opened to its members only. The soft opening is a private event opened to its members only. To join as members, kindly contact the Federation as Tel: 6383 4060.

Best Regards,
The Orgainising Commitee.
Poker Federation of Singapore.
MikeTheFish
Shark
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby PokerFederation » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:04 pm

[quote="MikeTheFish"]i tot point 2 no cash games allowed?

2. Cash game or meaning Gambling is strictly prohibited at the Federation or anywhere in Singapore. From time to time, we will organise tournaments, such as the proposed Singapore Poker league to select the 'Team Singapore', we have seek approval from the local authorities.

Dear Mike,

Yes, the Singapore Poker Federation wishes to clarify that we still stand by point #2, Cash game or meaning gambling is prohibited at the Federation or anywhere in Singapore.

As we had stated very clearly that the Singapore Poker Federation has nothing to do with the ugly incident happened during a private game on Tuesday held at its premises. And since Tuesday event was strictly a private game organized by one of the member and played among themselves, we usually do not interfere in their private business, as we do not see them as voilating the 'Common Gambling Act'. However, in future, we will be more cautious to scrutinize the booking of each member using the premises.

Kindly note that all members are welcome to enjoy or make use of the Clubhouse facilities, either for their private or corporate functions.

For bookings, kindly contact the Federation.
Thank you,

The Managment Committee,
Poker Federation of Singapore
tel: 63834060
PokerFederation
New Fish
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:47 am

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby support » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:05 pm

teamloyang01 wrote:Does Pokerkaki give it its stamp of approval?


We're a INTERNATIONAL forum, focused on poker in asia.
Pokerkaki doesn't give out stamp of approvals nor affiliated with any societies.
That means we don't support or condone societies or corporation unless there is a conflict of interests.

With that said however, we do warn our user to use due diligence when approached by various corporations/societies or individuals.
If any society/corporation/individual claims that "Pokerkaki" is associated, approved or recommended, please kindly confirm with the forum owners.

We proudly broadcast our associates via ads, links, backlinks etc. At the same time we clearly dissociate with groups that we do not deal with.
User avatar
support
Site Admin
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:42 am
Medals: 5
Long Jie Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Buyer / Shopper (1)

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby kr176 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:53 pm

If you allow your premise for Cash Game, how is that not a violation of Common Gambling Act? Please stop using NON PROFIT Organisation as a pretext for your own PROFIT!

This gives Poker a bad name in Singapore and poker players too.
kr176
Challenge Poker Player
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby PokerFederation » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:22 pm

kr176 wrote:If you allow your premise for Cash Game, how is that not a violation of Common Gambling Act? Please stop using NON PROFIT Organisation as a pretext for your own PROFIT!

This gives Poker a bad name in Singapore and poker players too.


To kr176: We would appreciate if you carefully read our reply to MiketheFish on Cash Game.. and also read the 'Common Gambling Act' thoroughly. Please!

As you alleged that we stop using Non Profit Organization as a pretext for your own profit? Can you kindly explain where is your so-called PROFIT derived from? Like to show us some figures which we are unaware of ? Please dont just utter words irresponsibly that you couldn't support them!
PokerFederation
New Fish
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:47 am

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby Donk » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:31 pm

hi guys, any tournament on tomorrow? (:

contact me at 91075010 if there is
Donk
New Fish
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby mal » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:52 am

My 2 cents pt of view. I bet for either 2 purposes: value or bluff. If i achieve neither, then my bet is wrong. Everyone in this forum is criticizing poker federation, u criticize for what purpose? to achieve what? What do u gain?

Some claim poker federation is giving the poker community a bad name. U mean we have a good name? Look at what happens to Full Tilt, Pokerstars and Absolute. Products of their own country, they have to fled from their own country and now being charged by their own country. When we play at PS or any of the websites, there will always be the lingering fear that the website will be blocked or go under. When we go to home games, some rake some not, we fear raids, we dun even dare to tip the dealer sometimes!

for those who can afford to go overseas to play, u go to countries like Macau, Phillipines and even Australia. U have a great time n wonder if Singapore is like those countries; if it ever become like that, u will be living your dream to be a true poker pro like Phil Ivey or even our very own Bryan Huang. For those who cannot afford, u just have to make do with home games and keep on asking is it legal?! and the answer will always be "GREY"

So we have this guy call Vince who set up this Poker Federation, and I pray to God very hard, that his aim is to one day bring up the visibility that poker is a game that should be accepted and if needed to be regulated and taxed, please do it!! At least let us play with a peace of mind!! When u go buy toto, u can proudly stand there and buy without worrying whether u will be convicted. When i go casino n gamble, if i lose thats my own problem!!

If Vince manages to pull it through, seriously I dun mind him being the richest clown as a result; at least i get to play poker in a legitimate manner. As i am typing this, i m making some entreprenuers in US very rich and Bill Gates is one of them, i never hear anyone of u complaining about him?!

We are all adults. remember it is always easy to be critical. If u felt that Vince & Co. or poker federation is a con job, seriously how to con? u mean they took pains to set up a place with poker tables, organize a 2/5 private game and run away with 1.5k buy-ins as a result!! And you have the so called con man protecting his innocence vigourously with every single accusation or post. They must be, pardon me, fucking stupid!!!!!!

I like playing poker, if i dun, i would not bother typing all these shits. I just would like to rally all true poker players together. we try to get poker federation up and running by pooling ideas and offerring our help. And poker federation should on its part, tell us what u wish to achieve and try to reach out to us. i know there are restrictions. At least we try. thats what the poker alliance in US does isnt it? They try.
mal
ABC Poker Player
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby PokerFederation » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi Members & Poker Fans,

Since the announcement on the openning of the Singapore Poker Federation 2 weeks ago, it was met with mixed reactions from the local poker community here. Many were supportive of it, some choose to remain neutral while taking the wait and see stance, and where few were jealous, but a small group choose to condemn and criticized the motives behind.

Now, let us clarify and make our stance clear..

The Poker Federation of Singapore were founded by a small group of local poker avid inspired by the PokerGives.org about 2 years ago. The objective remains the same, hoping we can bring the poker community together, where everyone get to know their fellow poker players and if possible, to create a platform, where poker players can give back to society thur charity poker tournaments. We also hope to enhance the image of how the public look at poker players in general, deemed as gamblers.

3 weeks ago, one of the co-founder, Vince managed to raise an amount of nearly $20,000- to start-up this new Clubhouse, where we kick-start the first free-roll event for our members. And till-today, it's about 2 weeks since its opening, the Singapore Poker Federation is still in deficit, and we are still funding the Federation to keep it alive! There haven't been such a thing as Profit which someone had claimed here. Infact, we have nothing to gain but more to lose!

Look,the Poker Federation is registered as a society, actually meant for every poker players and poker fans. If some are not happy with the current management team or the founders, you are free to join us as key members or join the Committee Members, so that you may vote for a new management team, which some may feel they can do a better job to manage the Poker Federation.

We, therefore, sincerely hope that more poker fans will come forward to support the Poker Federation, to share their ideas and directions, to make poker possible and more acceptable here, instead of merely criticising the motives behind it!
We hope to hear from you! Thank you!

The Managment,
Poker Federation of Singapore.
Email: clubpokerface@singnet.com.sg
Tel: 65 6383 4060
PokerFederation
New Fish
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:47 am

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby theonlygodisyourself » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 am

mal wrote:My 2 cents pt of view. I bet for either 2 purposes: value or bluff. If i achieve neither, then my bet is wrong. Everyone in this forum is criticizing poker federation, u criticize for what purpose? to achieve what? What do u gain?

Some claim poker federation is giving the poker community a bad name. U mean we have a good name? Look at what happens to Full Tilt, Pokerstars and Absolute. Products of their own country, they have to fled from their own country and now being charged by their own country. When we play at PS or any of the websites, there will always be the lingering fear that the website will be blocked or go under. When we go to home games, some rake some not, we fear raids, we dun even dare to tip the dealer sometimes!

for those who can afford to go overseas to play, u go to countries like Macau, Phillipines and even Australia. U have a great time n wonder if Singapore is like those countries; if it ever become like that, u will be living your dream to be a true poker pro like Phil Ivey or even our very own Bryan Huang. For those who cannot afford, u just have to make do with home games and keep on asking is it legal?! and the answer will always be "GREY"

So we have this guy call Vince who set up this Poker Federation, and I pray to God very hard, that his aim is to one day bring up the visibility that poker is a game that should be accepted and if needed to be regulated and taxed, please do it!! At least let us play with a peace of mind!! When u go buy toto, u can proudly stand there and buy without worrying whether u will be convicted. When i go casino n gamble, if i lose thats my own problem!!

If Vince manages to pull it through, seriously I dun mind him being the richest clown as a result; at least i get to play poker in a legitimate manner. As i am typing this, i m making some entreprenuers in US very rich and Bill Gates is one of them, i never hear anyone of u complaining about him?!

We are all adults. remember it is always easy to be critical. If u felt that Vince & Co. or poker federation is a con job, seriously how to con? u mean they took pains to set up a place with poker tables, organize a 2/5 private game and run away with 1.5k buy-ins as a result!! And you have the so called con man protecting his innocence vigourously with every single accusation or post. They must be, pardon me, fucking stupid!!!!!!

I like playing poker, if i dun, i would not bother typing all these shits. I just would like to rally all true poker players together. we try to get poker federation up and running by pooling ideas and offerring our help. And poker federation should on its part, tell us what u wish to achieve and try to reach out to us. i know there are restrictions. At least we try. thats what the poker alliance in US does isnt it? They try.



he is actually that fking stupid. i swear there are rake game hosted in there, if im telling lies i will die now.
theonlygodisyourself
New Fish
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Re: Soft opening of the 'Poker Federation of Singapore'

Postby PokerPolice » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:21 pm

theonlygodisyourself wrote:
he is actually that fking stupid. i swear there are rake game hosted in there, if im telling lies i will die now.
[/quote]

Hey, don't die now, otherwise it become another homicide case. Please read the post again carefully, do you actually understand what he wrote? We have also read your stories here, but your version don't seem reasonable, and that's why the kakis here are not siding you? Who's stupid? You should move on please! And closed the chapter! Thank you.
PokerPolice
New Fish
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Poker Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests

 

Recent Posts

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Site

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner