I want to know which rule applies to the following situation

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

I want to know which rule applies to the following situation

Postby Malika9 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:15 pm

i played cash game in poker.i have 2 pairs on flop.i go all in ,and pay me a single player.whan he call my all in, i take my cards to open at the dealer,besause we wait 4 and 5 card.but monitoring man for the game .told me that im doing fold with mu cards because i passed the line.he give all chips to the odher player.i think when im all in i can take my cards where i wont.i wont to know is any rule for this situation and who is wrong.HE or ME:) TNX IF SOMEONE HELLP MEEEE.

http://www.rummy-gin.org/play-free-rummy
Last edited by Malika9 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malika9
New Fish

Re: I want to know which rule applies to the following situa

Postby stars2272 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:32 pm

?!?!?!
stars2272
ABC Poker Player

Medals: 3
Good Seller (3)

Postby J-ustin-lee » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Malika9 wrote:i played cash game in poker.i have 2 pairs on flop.i go all in ,and pay me a single player.whan he call my all in, i take my cards to open at the dealer,besause we wait 4 and 5 card.but monitoring man for the game .told me that im doing fold with mu cards because i passed the line.he give all chips to the odher player.i think when im all in i can take my cards where i wont.i wont to know is any rule for this situation and who is wrong.HE or ME:) TNX IF SOMEONE HELLP MEEEE.

This happen when i was playing at one of the home game. In one hand, i flop two pairs and decide to go allin and i got 1 caller.. when he call my all in, i flip open my hand to show the dealer, waiting to see the turn and the river.. but one of the host told me that my cards has cross the line so my they were muck and the other player took down the pot. I think that when im allin i can take my cards wherever i want. i want to know is there any rule for this kind of situation? Was it my fault that my cards were muck?
TNX IF SOMEONE HELLP MEEEE.

If this was the case than i think your right, why was your hand muck?
J-ustin-lee
Challenge Poker Player

Postby pokerace » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:59 pm

When U make make all in,the other party call all in.U show your card first,there was nothing wrong on it.
I only know 1 case about Aussie Million,when the party ask the opponent left how much in his chip.His opponent told him 50k,he raise 50k without knowing his opponent chip was more than 50k,lefting some chip behind.He show his card,and this hand was considered mucked.
pokerace
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby MJFX » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:48 am

I know if strictly enforced if the hole cards crossed the betting line, its considered muck but not for all in situations when all betting action are completed, ie next step is to showdown. If your cards can be safely identifable and retrieved, should be live cards still.

Cash games unlike tournament has a default rule that they muck anytime and no need showdown even when all in while for tournament, all in means you have no option but to showdown.

For homegames, my understanding is this must be based on the enforced house rules. Did this incident happen to anyone before? Ie was this communicated?
If not, i think its very unfair to u as it seems like the host or dealer didnt understand the principles well enough and make a wrong judgement call.
The reason i say that is its obvious ur intentions is to showdown, no possible angle shooting. The host should have decided in the best interest of the game.

Whatever it is, what is done cannot be undone.
Next time just rmb, never let the hole cards leave your hands until the pot is pushed over to u. I always do that. Kaisu cos i also kanna one time before.
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Return to General Poker Chat