[livepoker] - how would you play this hand on button

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Re: [livepoker] - how would you play this hand on button

Postby MJFX » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:08 pm

lol. Post here more interesting hands with the "fish"!
Btw, e fish sure know his odds by offering u only 18% of the pot..
GL
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby Jwww » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Yes u need to improve instead of calling ppl fish. Go through ur mind and think why he call u down. =>
Jwww
New Fish

Postby Vinally » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:03 pm

LOL Jwww,

Sorrrie for calling fish. I just play bad and dealing with wrong player. Actually this post is mainly asking how to play this button. Is that good to raise or call on button, i mean, the button is designed to call down, or catch bluff or bluff them on river, not my play posted on my first post in this thread. i tot to start with my play, so that i can get constructive feedback.

Jwww, i will love to know your answer why he call me down. :)

Actually if i were that person holding 9J on sb, i call him, then 3bet pot. 26J rainbow. i check, he bet 3/4, indicating very strong hand, i think he may have QQ,KK,AA. i maybe call at least once to hope to have 9 on turn, i called. turn come T. it look bad. so i check. he shoved. i am thinking for 3min, could he bluff or miss draw ? i think i can call becos i have top pair and one card to improve on river. AH?

or i dont think too much, i have top pair on board, i call him down. that 's it ?
Vinally
Challenge Poker Player

Postby axel » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:49 pm

Vinally wrote:Jwww, i will love to know your answer why he call me down. :)

I think I know the answer to this.

He called you down because he had top pair.
axel
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Good Seller (2)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby MJFX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:52 am

axel wrote:
Vinally wrote:Jwww, i will love to know your answer why he call me down. :)

I think I know the answer to this.

He called you down because he had top pair.

can i add, he called bcos he thinks his top pair is good.
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby cianopher » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:40 am

and i would like to add also,

"pay you off, pay you off la, just see your cards" is running through the villain's mind. am i right? ha
cianopher
Shark

Medals: 5
Macau Cup Participant (1) Poker Face (1) Good Seller (3)

Postby mal » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:59 am

er guys.. i tink he is not even thinking loh... u all think he thinks so that makes u all think too much into what he thinks.. i think.. sometimes play poker dun think oso can stack villian
mal
ABC Poker Player

Postby felixleong » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:26 am

preflop, good raise
flop, cbet could be small... maybe 1/2 pot also ok since you trying to present a overpair QQ-AA
turn onwards should be check-fold mode
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby Vinally » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:31 pm

cianopher wrote:and i would like to add also,

"pay you off, pay you off la, just see your cards" is running through the villain's mind. am i right? ha

I sometimes think i also agreed with you on this too. lolx. :D
Vinally
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Vinally » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:34 pm

i wish i could have 400 with a pair of AA on button against that player. then it will be the best night ever on .5/.5 poker with 800 winning. heh.
Vinally
Challenge Poker Player

Postby EmissaryofTruth » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 pm

I don't think you can profitably make that flop and turn play. What hands were you trying to get to fold on the flop? Not sure what UTG flatted a 3-bet with but he could easily have JJ or AJ. Not to mention SB could also have had it. Worst case also is UTG knowing SB was fishy could even opt to cap preflop with AA and fast play it on a flop that isn't too dangerous, though of course he would most of the time 4-bet but give away his hand in the process.

I was wondering if it would actually be possible to flat AK on the button. Reason being your hand is disguised and looks like something trying to play for implied odds. Also 3-betting and then getting 4-bet by UTG is tough since the bottom of his range is Ak or QQ at this point. What if you called and tried to use position to outplay UTG on flops? Though this was assuming SB did not come along. But even if he did you would have had position and would be able to pot control preflop, and if you felt you were the best player could handle flops better.

That all said the only thing I can think of for why the hell he called you down on the turn was 'I HAVE TOP PAIR' because yes you showed so much strength... He had a J of course so the probability you held JJ was small but QQ-AA are the most likely holdings.
EmissaryofTruth
New Fish

Postby totallyfish » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:11 am

LOL @ 12 outs.
Another LOL @ i dun mean 12 outs, i mean 12 number of cards.
Pretty obvious whose the fish.

Regards
Ur Uncle
totallyfish
New Fish

Postby Vinally » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:39 pm

totallyfish wrote:LOL @ 12 outs.
Another LOL @ i dun mean 12 outs, i mean 12 number of cards.
Pretty obvious whose the fish.

Regards
Ur Uncle

yeah my mistake, it is 10 outs actually. or 10 numbers.

Uncle, yeah i am the fish.thanks, but i appreciate that you can correct me as process of learning or educating.
Last edited by Vinally on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vinally
Challenge Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Vinally » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:50 pm

EmissaryofTruth wrote:I don't think you can profitably make that flop and turn play. What hands were you trying to get to fold on the flop? Not sure what UTG flatted a 3-bet with but he could easily have JJ or AJ. Not to mention SB could also have had it. Worst case also is UTG knowing SB was fishy could even opt to cap preflop with AA and fast play it on a flop that isn't too dangerous, though of course he would most of the time 4-bet but give away his hand in the process.

I was wondering if it would actually be possible to flat AK on the button. Reason being your hand is disguised and looks like something trying to play for implied odds. Also 3-betting and then getting 4-bet by UTG is tough since the bottom of his range is Ak or QQ at this point. What if you called and tried to use position to outplay UTG on flops? Though this was assuming SB did not come along. But even if he did you would have had position and would be able to pot control preflop, and if you felt you were the best player could handle flops better.

That all said the only thing I can think of for why the hell he called you down on the turn was 'I HAVE TOP PAIR' because yes you showed so much strength... He had a J of course so the probability you held JJ was small but QQ-AA are the most likely holdings.

Good thinking. Yes i should had handled the flop better plus pot control postflop play too but i am not best player. i tot my image very aggressive + fast play will pull some kind of stunt to "scare" him off. ha. Thanks
Vinally
Challenge Poker Player

PreviousNext

Return to General Poker Chat