New To Pokerkaki

Please introduce yourself to the community here. E.g your name, age, profession, how long have you been playing poker..etc. Share & discuss your poker experiences with us. Make yourself at home.
Important Information
1) Do introduce yourself to the kakis.
2) Don't post any home games, events or meet ups in this section.

New To Pokerkaki

Postby falkenryder » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:00 am

Hi Guys, new here.

Ken on the table here, 21, NSF, just a young blood with a passion for the game and hope that one day i could walk the tourney road, and maybe, turn pro on my way there.

Starting playing a year ago with friends, but i never had the chance to play with outsiders or online. Haha. I've made some good plays and some bad, but my Achilles heel is i almost start to lose concentration and play badly towards the end of a session, since good playing etiquette means you can't stand before the guys call it a day.

Erm, i think i used to be better, a tighter player, and i could read tells, calculate odds, but i was timid and didn't participate in big plays unless i had the odds. but i think i now playing more aggressively, to the extent i think sometimes i think i'm becoming more of a maniac. I used to play less than 15% of my hands in matches and bring home 2x of the bankroll, but now, i keep losing big, and my winnings are like 50% of my losses. Also, i become very emotional in some plays and all my strategies and even position- checking goes out the window as i just wait for the luck. I keep saying, " it's not my day, it's not my day", but the truth is, sometimes my friends can almost read me like a open book. I still blame it on luck.

I do hope that so more seasoned non-online players would give me a few tips and pointers.
falkenryder
New Fish

Re: New To Pokerkaki

Postby DM101 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:49 am

Welcome to the site. :D

It's your big day to join this forum.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby chenghao » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:33 am

falkenryder wrote:Hi Guys, new here.

Ken on the table here, 21, NSF, just a young blood with a passion for the game and hope that one day i could walk the tourney road, and maybe, turn pro on my way there.

Starting playing a year ago with friends, but i never had the chance to play with outsiders or online. Haha. I've made some good plays and some bad, but my Achilles heel is i almost start to lose concentration and play badly towards the end of a session, since good playing etiquette means you can't stand before the guys call it a day.

Erm, i think i used to be better, a tighter player, and i could read tells, calculate odds, but i was timid and didn't participate in big plays unless i had the odds. but i think i now playing more aggressively, to the extent i think sometimes i think i'm becoming more of a maniac. I used to play less than 15% of my hands in matches and bring home 2x of the bankroll, but now, i keep losing big, and my winnings are like 50% of my losses. Also, i become very emotional in some plays and all my strategies and even position- checking goes out the window as i just wait for the luck. I keep saying, " it's not my day, it's not my day", but the truth is, sometimes my friends can almost read me like a open book. I still blame it on luck.

I do hope that so more seasoned non-online players would give me a few tips and pointers.

Well , since you identified it , then do what you say lor

I've made some good plays and some bad, but my Achilles heel is i almost start to lose concentration and play badly towards the end of a session, since good playing etiquette means you can't stand before the guys call it a day.
Stop playing when your tired , period

but i think i now playing more aggressively, to the extent i think sometimes i think i'm becoming more of a maniac. I used to play less than 15% of my hands in matches and bring home 2x of the bankroll, but now, i keep losing big, and my winnings are like 50% of my losses. Also, i become very emotional in some plays and all my strategies and even position- checking goes out the window as i just wait for the luck. I keep saying, " it's not my day, it's not my day", but the truth is, sometimes my friends can almost read me like a open book. I still blame it on luck.

Then don't play that aggressively ? go back to play less than 15% of your hands
be emotionally detached lor.
Don't say its not my day , its not my day
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby falkenryder » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:41 pm

:( For me, easy to say, damn hard to do. Esp when you're on a losing streak/bad beats/ bad reads, haha.
falkenryder
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Return to Member Introductions