What happens now?

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

What happens now?

Postby Cowboysrule » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:23 am

Playing a normal raked game.

action goes to River and i bet, guy after me calls and the button is pondering. While he is pondering dealer turns over the river card. What should happen now? Re-deal the card or what? Or button has to be priced in.
Cowboysrule
New Fish

Re: What happens now?

Postby mugiwara84 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:52 am

if button decides to call/raise river card is redealt. if button folds exposed river cards plays
mugiwara84
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
APPT Participant (1)

Re: What happens now?

Postby MJFX » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:12 pm

hey, can i suggest next time phrase the subject of the thread in a more meaningful manner. "what happens now" though literally is the question you wanna ask but its abit over sensationalise isnt it.

anyway back to the qn. i have differing views vs Mugi's.
i think its the same principles in both robert's rules of poker & TDA rules.
if the dealer deal the card(s) before the betting action is complete, the card (s) will not be used even if the subsequent (tanking) players fold. The principle is nobody has the option of accepting or reject the card that is dealt. After betting action is completed, the dealer will retrieve the river card (leave the burnt card), reshuffle within the remaining deck and redeal for that street.

if its a turn card that dealt prematurely, dealer will take out the card out of play for that round, burn and deal what would have been the river card for the turn street. after the betting round at the turn is completed, dealer will reshuffle the deck including the card that was taken out of play and deal the river card without burning. If its flop (either cards prematurely dealt or flop too many cards).. burn cards remained, dealer will retrieve the flop cards, reshuffle and redeal.

btw, "what happens now" will be interesting if you ask 4 persons pre-flop all in, 2 players show pocket aces, one has pocket King..and another AK then how????
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Return to General Poker Chat