Duhamel

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Duhamel “Bound and Beaten”, WSOP Bracelet Stolen

Postby DM101 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:05 am

The 2010 World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event Champion, Jonathan Duhamel, was treated in hospital after becoming the victim of a home invasion on Wednesday morning in Boucherville, Quebec, Canada. On Thursday Duhamel has released an official statement about what exactly took place during the robbery and what was taken from his home.

The statement was issued in French via PrincePoker.com and in it Duhamel says he was tied up and physically assaulted by two men before they made away with a number of 500 euro notes plus Duhamel’s WSOP bracelet and a black Rolex Submariner watch given to him by PokerStars. Both of the items have Duhamel's name engraved on the back of them.

“I have been the victim of a home invasion yesterday morning when two men broke into my house and I was physically assaulted and robbed. After being threatened with death and have given everything I had, I was bound and beaten repeatedly in the face and body before my attackers leave,” said Duhamel.

He continues, “I spent yesterday at the hospital and I suffer from everywhere, but I have no fractures. I am now exhausted both physically and psychologically, but I count myself fortunate to be alive.”

While there hasn’t been any word yet on arrests of any suspects, the 500 euro notes are reportedly quite rare and police will be on the lookout for anyone using them in the area. What will be much harder for the perpetrators to cash in on will be the easily recognisable WSOP bracelet and engraved black Rolex.

Duhamel says he will try to put the episode behind him during the Christmas holiday season while spending time with family and friends and that he "hopes to return soon to the tables and, hopefully, continue to effectively represent Quebec on the international scene.”

Source: http://www.pokerportal.asia
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Return to General Poker Chat