How to play AA in SB/BB with a 3-bet infront

Discuss the basics, psychology, probability, table selection etc.

Re: How to play AA in SB/BB with a 3-bet infront

Postby ryojin84 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:25 pm

VictorLau wrote:Hi Ryojin

From experience he will not fold. If he wanted to fold he will do so when I 4Bet. A very good player will probably fold unless he holds KK. A fish or semi fish (half cooked fish?) who takes you on when you 4Bet to about 40BB is already pot committed and once that happens it will not dawn on him to fold his hand.

Then again it also depends on who the person is. I can also trap him with a check raise if the Flop are pure rags with no flush or straight draws, eg 2-6-10 *and hopefully that guy did not come in with his pocket 10s. By checking I show weakness and half cooked fish will pounce on it with probably a bet about 30% of the pot. Poor guy is already committed.

I don't think I can definitely say that THIS is the way to play. It depends on too many factors.

yeah agree...

i also think that calling gives MP the odds to setmine
ryojin84
New Fish

Postby wikiloko » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 pm

i think 4 bet so that u can stack off kk and qq and also. when u four bet. it makes your decision on the flop much easier(since your stackj to pot ratio is very high already). i think you should flat if the person have a high 3 bet percentage.
wikiloko
New Fish

Medals: 1
Good Seller (1)

Postby gosubay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:19 pm

the right answer is highly dependent on:
1) your image
2) his 3betting range

In my case I would 4bet almost always because
a. I have a LAG image and I cold 4bet bluff a lot vs people who 3bet wide ranges
b. people just 3bet so much in general and they dont fold JJ-KK and AK

The key stat to take note of is his FOLD TO 4BET %. This basically determines his NUTS:AIR ratio (usually). If his fold to 4bet is 50%, it means that he stacks off 50% of the time with his value 3betting range and 50% of the time he folds his crap to the 4bet.

Vs someone who has a fold to 4bet % of 60%+ i would highly consider flatting the 3bet with AA to
1) keep his air in
2) not scare him away esp if i have TAG image
3) appear CAPPED perhaps, they will put you on AQ/88-JJ and may try to barrel you off

Vs someone who has fold to 4bet % of 50 or less, he probably stacks off vs your cold 4bet with a wide range of hands. It would be a waste if you flat the 3bet, and a bad flop comes out which kills your action (like QQ facing a A or K high board or AK not hitting anything). we 4bet and pray that we can cooler his worse hands.
gosubay
ABC Poker Player

Medals: 3
Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Previous

Return to General Poker Strategy