n

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

n

Postby soulari- » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:17 pm

x
Last edited by soulari- on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
soulari-
New Fish

Re: Coaching

Postby valkyr » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:25 am

sure why not? If u wanna coach then start a thread and see the response..
valkyr
ABC Poker Player

Postby soulari- » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Just checking if people would be interested. I dont look for people because players have to decide for themselves if they want help to improve. Rates would be about 50 bucks/hour
soulari-
New Fish

Postby philivey » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:40 am

50 per hour sia
philivey
ABC Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby chickenkid » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:22 pm

screen name on stars? lol. 50/h sia. u play 1k nl?
chickenkid
New Fish

Postby kr176 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm

50 per hour? U give me or i give you?

Hahaha......show us your sharkscope chart.......r u a winning player?

Doubt any winning player will do coaching at microstakes for 50/hr. Either way u r a joke, GTFO.
kr176
Challenge Poker Player

Postby valkyr » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:37 am

assuming your hourly is > $50. I do not see anything wrong with charging that amount p/hr of coaching, be it 10nl or 1k nl. But as u can see from the cynical nature of our poker kaki community, you need to post your stats and or include testimonials from previous students to sell your coaching.
valkyr
ABC Poker Player

Postby soulari- » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:22 am

if i would play 1knl and win 2bb/100 then my price would be around 2bb*10*hands per hour
multitabling 6-8 tables would get u 300 hands per hour at least. Go figure what the coaching price would be. I dont ask for that price since idont play those limits but it may open up your mind. At least i do ask and offer what i can give with the confidence to support it. Keep talking becuase the joke's on u sir
soulari-
New Fish

Postby valkyr » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:22 am

soulari-. you think people will want to be coached by you if they want to improve. That is a partially complete argument.
People want to be coached by you if they want to improve and if they have some form of evidence/guarantee that your coaching works

Nobody in this forum is against the idea of anyone selling coaching. However, the reason why our fellow kakis were so agitated by your original post was because you are selling a sensitive product. Peddling coaching is like selling medicine. If your medicine is good and legit and it cures then sure, people would buy it. But if your medicine is bad, not only do you waste your customer's money, your customers also lose out adversely in the long run from negative side effects of your medicine. And from your posts, nobody can tell whether it is good/bad coaching you are selling. The only hints we can get are from your postcount and joined date, which you get the idea.
valkyr
ABC Poker Player

Postby Donkdwan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:44 pm

I would like to get 10 hours from you to improve my game, i assume you are a winning player, but can you show your stats and screen name first?
Donkdwan
ABC Poker Player

Postby MJFX » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:27 pm

I agree with valkyr.
In fact i feel u are taking people on a ride.
Maybe u are a really excellent player but in a way, u are very disrespectful with ur last sentence.
U got people interested when u offer coaching, then u slam ppl when they ask valid qns. Perhaps u got misunderstood somewhere.

Btw, u shld go read 2p2 and see how coaching svcs are offered.
Just to make it clear, this is no accusation of your coaching ability, rather an accusation of shady marketing comments from a complete anonymous guy who refuse to say his screen name.

Having said that, im still interested to hear what u can offer for $50/hr?
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby Brasstal » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:07 am

Post screename first 2 avoid getting flammed

As for kakis FYI $50/hr is the right price for a good 10nl coach so dun be stunned at $50/hr until he provides more details
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Medals: 11
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Return to General Poker Chat