How to improve in cash games online

Discuss ring game approaches and strategies here

How to improve in cash games online

Postby enjr89 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Hey, i have recently started playing 25NL online. I read up on dan harrington, watched videos, and forums. I have been winning for 1 week and i thought i was getting the hang of the game however, in just a few days i lost it all. I lost a few hundred which is not much but i wish to improve my game. What do you guys do to improve on your games, just need some friendly advices, and is coaching neccessary to be a winning player? Thanks bros for listening to me, i just wish to be a better player.
enjr89
ABC Poker Player

Re: How to improve in cash games online

Postby tcs » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:15 pm

i think what you can do is post the hand that you have lost, or u think you could have win or minimize the lost to this poker community or chenhao (i feel he is a very friendly buddy. or if u are lucky enuf, our poker star pro might drop by and give some of his thoughts.

like what our friend did
viewtopic.php?f=115&t=8901#p42572
tcs
Challenge Poker Player

Postby enjr89 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:55 pm

oh okay thanks for your advice, greatly appreciate it
enjr89
ABC Poker Player

Postby soulari- » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Analyse your bigger pots. Find all the lost pots and figure out why did u lose..
Also something that can really add up is agression on the river. Find a few hand histories about hands where you doubted to bet on the river.
Coaching can be helpful to give u more insight on hands and what things u need think of.
soulari-
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby joshhsh » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:20 pm

although there are live examples of succeeding in cash games onlines. but you gotta know that in online games there are no such things as luck or randomness. before the start of each round, the computer system has already generated a sure "winner". as long as the person is willing to call u all the way, ur nuts cards can also be suck out by the end of the hands. in live games if such things happens is unlucky. but in online games, the system is "rigged" in such a way that your full house aces over kings can still lose to 4 of a kings etc. meaning in online, the most "impossible" and most ridiculous hands always come out more often then in live games.
joshhsh
ABC Poker Player

Medals: 1
Good Seller (1)

Postby enjr89 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Soulari : thanks for your advice i will go and check up on some of my hand histories.

Joshhsh : rigged or not im not too sure, but I am sure as long as you can beat the game in the long run you can be a winning player, as for bad suck outs, those no choice la. Just need to learn how to be a better player
enjr89
ABC Poker Player

Postby soulari- » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Post a bit more hand histories on the forum if u have questions about certain pots.
soulari-
New Fish

Postby chenghao » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Initially spend an equal amount of time reading up,playing
e.g. 1 hour read 2+2 , 1 hour play , then review like 10 minutes of the game.

Later on , maybe 1 hour read 2 hour play , or 1:3 or more later on.

Have some strict guidelines , find out what makes you tilt (some tilt when they win and calls too much , some tilt when their mum steps into their room , find out what makes you tilt) stop loss amount ( like stopping after you lose 2 buy ins , win 3 buy ins etc ,)

coaching can help you spot things you never would have

plenty of threads about it already , search for them
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby enjr89 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:25 pm

thanks chenghao for the good advices. For me i tend to tilt when i lose a big hand, eg, i got nut flush people anbd villian got straight flush, set lose to straight, these kind. Hmm okay cause im not too sure if i will be able to learn how to beat it on my own or i need coaching. I will read up more about it thanks
enjr89
ABC Poker Player

Postby adrenalineJ84 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi enjr, first off, thanks v.much for donating to us at 25NL :mrgreen: From hand histories with you, I think you need to stop calling too many speculative hands preflop and 3-bet more, especially from the button as you will have position for the rest of the hand. Try a mix of 1/3 cold-call preflop and 2/3 3-bet or fold.
adrenalineJ84
New Fish

Postby enjr89 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 pm

hahahaha its okay! i will get it back one day, hmm okay so from what you say i should just 3 bet more with strong hands with position. Is this to prevent too many loose callers to get into the hand with me, and also i get value if i hit a strong board? And what is cold calling? lol sorry im a noob
enjr89
ABC Poker Player

Postby enjr89 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 pm

oh ya and thanks for your help, appreciate it
enjr89
ABC Poker Player

Postby chenghao » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:49 pm

enjr89 wrote:hahahaha its okay! i will get it back one day, hmm okay so from what you say i should just 3 bet more with strong hands with position. Is this to prevent too many loose callers to get into the hand with me, and also i get value if i hit a strong board? And what is cold calling? lol sorry im a noob

Cold calling = EP raise , MP reraise , You call in LP without money in the pot already.
CC either reeks of strength ( you dont wanna chase MP away ) or fishy fish. ( you don't care about the price)

Just think about your actions at every street , starting from preflop.

i recommend following someone's strategy as a start and examining your game slowly from there

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/69/mi ... -a-676130/

Stick to their advice first . Play like a thousand hands then review your hands .

If you can , finish reading the twoplustwo micro forum's repository before you even play a hand.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/69/mi ... ds-430489/
Read ALL the links carefully and patiently
chenghao
Great White Shark

Medals: 3
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby enjr89 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm

thanks for the info chenghao, i will take my time to read before i start to play again. guess it takes time and patience to understand the game.
enjr89
ABC Poker Player

Next

Return to Cash Games