How to improve in cash games online

Discuss ring game approaches and strategies here

Re: How to improve in cash games online

Postby zippyzip » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 am

Hey enjr89,

I would read books, watch videos. Also, analyze your hands after your session. The winning hands and losing hands. You can mark your hands if you use HEM during your session and review afterwards. Discuss hands with fellow players who are also learning. Also, sometimes you have to step back and take a break and really look inwards. Make sure you aren't tilting. Be honest with yourself.

I have some friends starting a microstakes study group if you are interested. This definitely helped me as I was moving up in the stakes. And I still talk to friends about interesting spots.
zippyzip
New Fish

Postby enjr89 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 am

oh thanks alot man, and ya im starting to read stuff now and am taking a break at the moment. Yea why not, wheres the study group? link?
enjr89
ABC Poker Player

Postby zippyzip » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:35 am

Some of the guys are finishing up their semester. Will probably kick off the study group once we get 4-6 players. Do you have skype? We will be conducting the study group on skype. PM me your skype info.
zippyzip
New Fish

Postby ryojin84 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:14 pm

move down...

start wif 2c/5c....1c/2c if u must
ryojin84
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby gosubay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:40 pm

books and training videos are a good way to start. should be enough to reach NL100 IMO. but past NL100 you need to do a lot of self-analysis, learn how to combo count, and just think critically about the game and about ranges.

Try to learn from opponents, analyze their play in your HEM and see whether you can implement any of their winning strategies into your own game. Consider buying huge samples of PTR hands and importing into your database (best for NL400+ because player pool is smaller and winners are much stronger in fundamentals)

As for coaching, if you got outside income you might want to get a coach once you reach NL25. those 30/h type. Bad thing is that they may teach you some wrong stuff that may not be applicable at higher limits. but as long as you learn with an open mind and not accept all the stuff blindly you should be able to learn at an accelerated rate.

ultimately what separates winners and losers is
1. fundamental skills
2. mindset and tilt stuff
3. work outside the tables (improving and find tuning your game on every level)

Check out My YouTube channel if you want to see some free strategy videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/theartofpoker1?ob=0
gosubay
ABC Poker Player

Medals: 3
Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby enjr89 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:29 pm

thanks alot bro i will definitely watch it, once again thank you very much
enjr89
ABC Poker Player

Postby zippyzip » Mon May 07, 2012 5:17 am

ryojin84 wrote:move down...

start wif 2c/5c....1c/2c if u must

I don't agree with this. I think 2NL to 10NL plays very similarly. 25NL plays a bit tougher, but not a huge jump. It's really about how comfortable you are with the money. 10 buyin downswings are quite common, so at 2nl = $20, 5nl = $50, 10nl = $100, 25nl = $250. So it's quite a big jump in dollar amount loss.

I think this is one of the biggest challenges for players that are trying to move. Variance is a part of the game and there are days where you cannot win. It's important to stay level-headed, as tilt management/control is a big part of being able to move up in stakes.
zippyzip
New Fish

Postby dilkkz » Tue May 08, 2012 5:23 am

post hands, stats, and let the forum analyze for you. read the pokerkaki/2p2 forum stickies as well, they are pretty good. help me with many of the fundamentals.
dilkkz
New Fish

Postby sporteepringle01 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:07 pm

If you have the good poker trick, then you're going to be the next Amarillo Slim. Just learn the strategy then you could get it.
sporteepringle01
New Fish

Previous

Return to Cash Games