Chip 'N Chair Stories

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Chip 'N Chair Stories

Postby ronshaks » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:31 am

Thought I would just start this thread in the hopes that it would inspire our fellow kakis, especially those like myself the ikan bilis that have yet to taste the limelight the likes of our sifus here. Who know? Hopefully one day we, too, can have a shiny new WSOP bracelet to match our 12-year old Proton Sagas.

So, here's a micro 180SNG tourney that I've just played today:

Game: 180SNG, $1 buy-in, Hyper Turbo. I know, I know... it's the kuchirat's game.

Was limping in the bottom rung for almost the entirety of the tourney, hovering at the bottom quarter all the way and didn't have a cahnce in hell to even come close to ITM. Surprisingly, I managed to limp into ITM with the lowest stack at 200chips. The second smallest stack was about 2k. Stack leader was about 30k. ITM was 18ppl.

Slowplayed the whole thing hoping to last as long as possible before going bust. Time moved slowly while the leaderboard moved fast. My cards weren't all that great either. So I had to wait it out for shoves. A few times even, my stack was so small that when the blinds came, I was auto set to "All In"... Ahahaha, just gives you an idea how small my stacks were.

But suddenly, I found myself limping into the final table and I was shocked. I still had the smallest stack, less than 1k. By this time, the second smallest was at least 14k. Most other players had about 20-30k each. I told the table that I was absolutely stunned. One of them did encourage me and said that I might even win it. I laughed and thank him.

Threading cautiously, I waited it out and shoved only when I have good cards. And guess what??? I ended up Heads Up with the Stack leader. By this time, his stack was more than 70k while I was limping with about 2k. After a few tug of war, I actually won the bloody SNG! I felt so bad for winning that I apologized to him. But he said that I should only be sorry for cards that I played badly. It was unbelievable that a chip and chair limping in all the way can actually win anything.

Now, I know it's not a big game, heck there's a reason they call it micro... but its not about the amount, rather that the impossible can become possible and that it happens to less than ordinary fishes like myself. I do hope that this will help inspire some of my fellow fish as it inspired me.

Ok, that's all for this posting. Next time, I'll go back a little in time for another Chip 'N Chair story that will be just as exciting as well as inspiring. So keep tuned in... :)

PS:

Here's the summary:

112 hands played and saw flop:
- 5 times out of 26 while in small blind (19%)
- 10 times out of 25 while in big blind (40%)
- 6 times out of 61 in other positions (10%)
- a total of 21 times out of 112 (19%)

Pots won at showdown - 17 out of 17 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 7

Akakaka... imagine that... 100% pots won at showdown. Basically, it meant either I was auto set "All In" when the blinds came around or shoved... talk about a miracle.
ronshaks
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Re: Chip 'N Chair Stories

Postby tcs » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:09 am

well done. nice story.
*like*
tcs
Challenge Poker Player

Postby DM101 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Please play the PKL to prove this theory again ron :lol: :lol:
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby ronshaks » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:59 pm

wahlau dis DM arr... wirte post oso kena one. Howlar liddat? Some more have to win 6 pkl back-to-back wor... that one not miracle oredi, it's siao kia liao :)

tcs: thanks... glad you enjoyed it :)
ronshaks
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby fleung22 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:00 pm

My story is "Cards and a Chair"

About 7 years back, I'm help out a buddy and deal for him in a CAD $1-2 game while he goes for dinner with his new girlfriend.

By the time he comes back the game is down to 6 players so I take my $35 I've got in tips and take a seat...hoping to help out my friend until the late players arrive.

I run sick g00t and win $700 in 2 hours. It actually broke the game so I guess I didn't exactly help out as planned.

Anyhow...moral of the story? Don't even need a "chip" :)
fleung22
Pokerstar Macau Rep

Medals: 2
Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby Brasstal » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:58 pm

In 2006...

Basically down to 2 tables and nearing the payout in a small tournament in Spain.

Just before the bubble I had KK cracked by AJ and was down to 2 chips. It paid the ante.

Basically I made a comeback and cashed in 8th. Weeeeee.
Brasstal
Team PokerStar Asia

Medals: 11
Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) RPT Participant (1) FPT Participant (1) WSOP Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Helpful Kaki (1)
Good Seller (1)

Postby necrohavoc » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:44 am

1st story was during a live satellite ..this guy had a 500 chip left ..at that time the smallest chip was 100. He basically won each all in hand and in the end I was heads up against him and he won it :/

Another was against darknight from pokerkaki ...this was in a sng and we were heads up..i just won a pot where we were almost even in chips, I then had 20k+ and he had 750...i lost 6 all-ins in a row ..and he won it.........
necrohavoc
Long Jie 2x Champ

Medals: 13
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (4) Macau Cup Participant (2) APPT Participant (1) Crowned a poker tournament (2) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good home game host (1)

Postby DM101 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:51 pm

necrohavoc wrote:1st story was during a live satellite ..this guy had a 500 chip left ..at that time the smallest chip was 100. He basically won each all in hand and in the end I was heads up against him and he won it :/

Another was against darknight from pokerkaki ...this was in a sng and we were heads up..i just won a pot where we were almost even in chips, I then had 20k+ and he had 750...i lost 6 all-ins in a row ..and he won it.........

I can reckon all these stories told by him. I was there when these miracles happened.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby MJFX » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Mpc side event last year,
Me probably avg stack, there was this aggro donk on my right.
I was waiting to catch him do something silly for quite a while.
I opened UTG with Ak, ( i did something physically to let him see, to induce him to shove his BB Atc against me), all folded until the BB, indeed he decided to make a move on me, he shoved and i snapped. He was shoving with 72os. He hit a deuce and i was cripped. After paying the 50 ante, i was down with 1 x 100 chip ( & a chair with a massive phil hellmuth tilt) , just enough for 1/4 BB. Managed to control my emotions not to abuse.
My last chip went all in blind BB the very next hand.

Story cut short, i managed to double x times, back up to avg stack into day 2 and nurse short stack into FT. In the end, i finished maybe 7th?.. Shoving my Button J9 into SB aces and BB kings.
(flop was T8x) No fairy tale ending, missed and gg.
This is a real "one chip and a chair" story..
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Return to General Poker Chat