Live hand... comment on my play

Mike aka suitedpairs29 is a very skillful both ONLINE & LIVE poker player. He is sharing his poker experience with the folks here.

Re: Live hand... comment on my play

Postby Nicefingers » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:09 am

who would want to go all in on such drawy board unless they have a hand that can win overpair. You made a cbet thats almost pot size yet someone ignored the strength of that bet and went all in, i think thats big enough a clue to want you to stop getting your money in already.

yes, aa = jj in this situation but the incapabilities of laying such sweet-premium-monster-sure-win-hand preflop of that person doesn't justify the reason that made u not fold yours =)
Nicefingers
Shark

Medals: 2
Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1)

Postby munchu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:28 am

2 words for the situation.. Bo Bian.. 8-)
If you put your opponents on such reads then it was right the call i suppose being pot committed..
munchu
New Fish

Medals: 2
Long Jie Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1)

Postby suitedpairs29 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:22 am

i appreciate everyones opinion and response to how the hand was played and we can hopefully more interesting discussions of hands in the future.

I pot-committed myself primarily coz i figured that once i got semi-coordinated flop where my JJ was an overpair and I was up against players who likely had drawing hands, that I would get it all-in with my stack. I pot commit myself, coz i wanted to. The board was drawy and there was a flat-call and a reraise but my read on these players was that the flat-call was a draw and that the other player was perfectly capable of coming over the top with top-pair. I hope no one thinks that Im gonna get myself all-in with a $300 stack with the same situation.
suitedpairs29
Challenge Poker Player

Postby dayveed » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:56 pm

yeah i think a smaller cbet or even a check on the flop would have been good since the board was so connected.

What about a larger pfr? since it was all limped to you. Assuming it's a fullring 9player game, limping all around puts 9 bucks in the pot already, a $7 raise would give callers more than 2to1 to call, which would make it cheap for them to see the flop. What about a $15-$20 raise preflop? probably could have narrowed the calling range?
dayveed
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Lynn » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:16 pm

nh!
Lynn
Challenge Poker Player

Previous