POKERSTARS LAUNCHES MOBILE VER. FOR iOS & ANDROID PLATFORMS

Discuss the hottest news in the Asian poker landscape

POKERSTARS LAUNCHES MOBILE VER. FOR iOS & ANDROID PLATFORMS

Postby DM101 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:49 pm

The world’s most popular online poker room, PokerStars, is now available on the world’s most popular mobile devices.

PokerStars Mobile is now available to download and play on a wide range of smartphone handsets and tablets, including Apple’s iPhone, iPad and iPad Touch, as well as many Android phones and tablet computers. The poker game app will enable players across the United Kingdom (excl. Northern Ireland) to play both free and real money games on their mobile device at any time.

The trend towards mobile gaming has increased in recent years, as 43% of UK mobile users now have smartphones, according to the 2011 Netsize Guide from Gemalto. Today, there are 25,338,700 smartphone connections and 780,000 tablet PC connections in the UK, and as the market segment grows (expected to surpass 50% this year) so does the demand for great games that are optimized for these increasingly sophisticated devices.

PokerStars Mobile is more than just the migration of the existing PokerStars game product to the mobile platform,” said Jeffrey Haas, PokerStars Director of New Platforms. “It’s an intentional product designed specifically for the form factors of mobile and tablet devices, and the different ways people play games on them. This is the best authentic poker experience available for mobile devices today.”

Mobile features

PokerStars Mobile offers Texas Hold’em, Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo games for real and play money, and players can choose to participate in their favourite multi-table tournaments, sit & go’s and ring games. All mobile players will join the full PokerStars global player pool, with no separation between mobile and desktop players – so you can find the game you want, at the stakes you want, whenever you want it! Just press the ‘Play Now’ button in the app to join the action!

Team PokerStars Pro Liv Boeree said: “PokerStars Mobile is going to transform where and when I play poker – I now have access to the biggest tournaments and all my favourite cash games, even when I’m not in front of my computer. I plan to play all the upcoming UKIPT events and will now be able to play some poker when travelling to or from a tournament.”

One unique aspect of the PokerStars Mobile offering is the pioneering optimization of the multi-tabling user experience for mobile, allowing players to easily join several tables at the same time, with intelligent auto-switch technology and ‘flick navigation’ to ensure that mobile players never miss a hand.

Just like the desktop software, the PokerStars Mobile game lobby has filters that allow players to find all of the available games quickly, along with player and tournament search functions. Players will also earn VPPs (VIP Player Points) and FPPs (Frequent Player Points) in the same way and at the same rate as desktop players.

How to play

Existing PokerStars account holders should go to http://www.pokerstarsmobile.com to gain access to the PokerStars Mobile app download link, while new players need to visit here, download the PokerStars software to their desktop and create an account, before downloading the PokerStars app to their mobile device.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Re: POKERSTARS LAUNCHES MOBILE VER. FOR iOS & ANDROID PLATFO

Postby DM101 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Latest update:

Asians are able to download the App and play on their mobiles too.

This is how it look like on your mobile phone.

P/S: Please don't throw your HP away if you are on TILT. Good luck with your mobile phones. :D
DM101
Site Admin

Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)

Postby I luv Candie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:07 pm

we can sign in without using proxy server?
I luv Candie
New Fish

Postby DM101 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:12 pm

I luv Candie wrote:we can sign in without using proxy server?

You are right. :D
DM101
Site Admin

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby donzo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:30 pm

can we search for home games and LWPS qualifiers using this?
donzo
Challenge Poker Player

Postby DM101 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:33 pm

donzo wrote:can we search for home games and LWPS qualifiers using this?

No you can't search for Home games for now, but LWPS qualifiers u can search the tourney ID and register it.

So there is no excuse to miss LWPS qualifier as you can play when you are on the move now ;)
DM101
Site Admin

Postby iZech » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:27 am

im using bb 9780, y i cant get the sms to dl the app thing
iZech
ABC Poker Player

Postby DM101 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:47 am

iZech wrote:im using bb 9780, y i cant get the sms to dl the app thing

Unfortunately I can't help you to solve your problem.
However, you can always seek help by emailing ps support.
DM101
Site Admin

Postby mudspot » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:50 am

Hi iZech,

Pokerstars Mobile is only for iOS and Android devices. You are out of luck for BB.
mudspot
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 1
Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby ronshaks » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:52 am

wahoo finally get to use ps on my ipad.. naise... as for BB, my screen so small and also always mistype on the keypad one.... i think hor, if have app for BB oso no use leh... as for android, that one i simpan in drawer... the screen so ultra sensitive one... always accidentally press this or that... i think better i just forget about it.. just stick to ipad can oredi lor :)
ronshaks
Challenge Poker Player

Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1)

Postby ikelos » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:06 am

it plays beautifully on the ipad.
ikelos
Site Admin

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby woshijingcha » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 am

this is so sick.. wonder how many can concentrate at work now.. lol
woshijingcha
ABC Poker Player

Postby iZech » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:59 pm

ahh damn, how many table can it play on ipad?
iZech
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby mudspot » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Maximum 5 tables.
mudspot
Challenge Poker Player