More Asian Timezone Online Tournaments Please!!!

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

More Asian Timezone Online Tournaments Please!!!

Postby bluestallion » Wed May 02, 2012 3:11 pm

When will we have more online tournaments with big guarantees for Asian players at Pokerstars?

It is very challenging for players in the Asian timezone to play the Sunday majors or even big series like the SCOOP or WCOOP because we have to adjust our sleeping time to play. And for players who have day jobs, we need to take a day off on Monday.

If Pokerstars want to grow the Asian markets, shouldn't they consider some tournaments in big series like SCOOP for Asian timezone based players?

The small puny "The Big" tournaments just doesn't cut it.

Actually, we should already have a sizeable APAC player base. And I believe the Aussie players make up the majority of the numbers.

How about having Saturday majors for the Asian timezone? And please set guarantees that are more attractive, at least equal to the Sunday majors ... I think you can't wait for the numbers to show ... you have to provide the rewards (big guarantees) and the numbers will follow.

So, I want to shout out to all players residing in the Asian timezone to garner support for this cause.

Please add to this thread to show your support or provide suggestions/feedback.

Thanks for reading!
bluestallion
ABC Poker Player

Re: More Asian Timezone Online Tournaments Please!!!

Postby DM101 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:12 pm

I can see a very aggro kaki shouting out loudly here. :D

Ok ok .... I support you.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby Phuturist » Wed May 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Sarr pork! :D

Yeah I hate having to take leave or even have my body clock running upside down just to stay awake during the tourney, much less trying to concentrate and play well...

PS wants to attract more casual players, this would be a good move to look towards...
Phuturist
Shark

Medals: 7
Good Seller (7)

Postby bluestallion » Wed May 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Thanks for your support guys! :D

At the moment, PS can only attract students who have more time to become a poker "vampire"...

The players who can afford to play bigger buy-ins are the working folks ... big market for PS, no?

And yeah, to be able to last throughout the big tourneys, you need lots of rest/sleep ... eg. to play the SM, you need to wake up around 2am. So, you need to sleep 8 hours before ... which is before 6pm!

I tried many times but it totally screwed up my body clock afterwards ... too challenging ... but not impossible la ...

Chris, you must feedback to PS since you PS business partner :) provide the big money, the honeys will come, the bees will come, everybody cum! :lol:
bluestallion
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby bluestallion » Wed May 02, 2012 10:22 pm

hahaha ... what coincidence! just read this article ...

Aussie Manager Sacked for Sick Days at Poker Tournaments

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/station-manag ... 1xwbm.html

A Sydney train station manager has lost his appeal against his sacking by RailCorp for taking medical leave to play poker. The NSW Transport Appeals Board found that John Maklouf had repeatedly called in sick for work so he could play poker around Australia and even in the Philippines.

Maklouf has a number of results in the Australia New Zealand Poker Tour (ANZPT) including a second place in the AUD $2200 ANZPT Main Event for AUD $60,635. A RailCorp employee for 15 years, Maklouf was found to have taken 17 days sick leave from August to November 2010 while obtaining medical certificates for “hip pain” and “stress”. His bosses reportedly warned him for his absenteeism and, when they became suspicious, Googled his name and saw his poker results coincided with his sick days.
In his appeal against the sacking, Maklouf said his job at a Sydney train station was highly stressful and that poker “provided a release” and made him “feel good” about himself.

It seems that his ‘poker therapy’ defence didn’t fly with the appeals board when they handed down their judgment: "Frankly the board is amazed that Mr Maklouf considered that it was OK to go off sick and attend poker tournaments when he had been advised by his doctor (based on what he told the doctor) that he was unfit for duty, yet he considered that he was fit enough to fly and compete in what must be a highly charged and competitive environment playing for potentially serious financial reward."
bluestallion
ABC Poker Player

Postby MJFX » Thu May 03, 2012 10:48 am

I have never played the Sunday majors before cos I know I will never make it to work on Monday. iMO, calling in sick is just way too unprofessional to play online or live. Also imagine u cash big one time, all u need is a congrats msg on ur FB wall for ur workplace / managers to know.
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Postby QueensCutie » Thu May 03, 2012 1:35 pm

bluestallion wrote:At the moment, PS can only attract students who have more time to become a poker "vampire"...

So true, and it's not like PS will segregate the playerpool either, since most Asian Timezone players simply don't play tourneys.
QueensCutie
New Fish

Postby bluestallion » Thu May 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Here are some bold suggestions for an Asian major on a Saturday:

We can start with this ...

The Asian Rumble $200k
Start Time: 3pm (CCT: GMT +0800)
Buy-in: $50+$5
Guarantee: US$200,000
No of players to meet guarantee: 4,000
Revenue for PS if guarantee fills = at least $20,000

Then, bump it up to ...

The Asian Rumble $300k
Buy-in: $75+$7
Guarantee: US$300,000
Revenue for PS if guarantee fills = at least $28,000

Then, bump it up to ...

The Asian Rumble $500k
Buy-in: $125+$10
Guarantee: US$500,000
Revenue for PS if guarantee fills = at least $40,000

If this doesn't work, PS needs to resolve the "Flighted Tournament" structure so anybody can play at their best timings. Still no news on the last Red Spade Flighted Tournament.

Ideas folks? It has been very quiet for Poker lately ... No Macau Millions or Red Dragon news ... maybe we will have Singapore Millions or Gold Lion Cup, hahaha :lol:
bluestallion
ABC Poker Player

Postby Louis1988 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:37 pm

I totally support your idea! even though I'm a student I don't have work on monday and I have classes on monday afternoon, tried staying up late a couple times to play sunday majors. All I can tell you is that your body clock will be screw up. Even with plenty of sleep, playing on the following day will be tiring as well. It will be awesome to have nice guarantee games to suit the asian player's time zone.

Sure as hell that poker is indeed a growing game in asia. Quite certain that if PS can capture this market it will be profitable for them as well.
Louis1988
ABC Poker Player

Postby bluestallion » Thu May 03, 2012 4:47 pm

let's start chanting to PS ...

RUMBLE... RUMBLE... RUMBLE... :lol: :lol: :lol:

you guarantee the prize pools, we show you the numbers!

here are the countries within the Asian time zone with No Summer Time / Daylight Saving Time needed:

Countries in GMT+10 Time Zone

Caroline Islands, Papua New Guinea

Countries in GMT+9 Time Zone

East Timor, Indonesia (Sumatra, Java, West & Central Kalimantan only), Japan, Korea (North) (Peoples Democratic Republic of Korea), Korea (South) (Republic of Korea), Palau

Countries in GMT+8 Time Zone

Brunei Darussalam, China (includes Hong Kong), Indonesia (Bali, Nusa Tenggara, South & East Kalimantan, Sulawesi only), Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Western Australia

Countries in GMT+7 Time Zone

Cambodia, Christmas Island, Indonesia (part), Lao, Thailand, Vietnam

Countries in GMT+6 Time Zone

Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon)

Countries in GMT+5 Time Zone

Maldives, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan

RUMBLE... RUMBLE... RUMBLE... :lol: :lol: :lol:
bluestallion
ABC Poker Player

Postby kr176 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Guys......u still don't know ang mo big stick theory?

Try dafa poker mabbe la
kr176
Challenge Poker Player

Postby bluestallion » Thu May 03, 2012 5:13 pm

aiyah ... dun think like that ... if they do think like that, they'll be the ones losing out ...

this is about practicality ... any race/nationality can be residing in Asian time zone will benefit too ...

and times have changed ... instead of "Go West", it is now "Go East" ...

all I want is to play big guarantees via a secure and reliable provider within our time zone ...

cheong ah! :lol:
bluestallion
ABC Poker Player

Postby Louis1988 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Yeah!

Rumble Rumble Rumble.... lol

hopefully they notice this thread and make some changes.
Louis1988
ABC Poker Player

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Return to General Poker Chat