LWPS Question!! :0

Anything and everything about the MV Leisure World

Re: LWPS Question!! :0

Postby Louis1988 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:48 pm

I've called NC tours already, I shall post it here in case any kakis might have to same plan to be in batam before the ME day. Sadly you cannot buy ferry ticket from Batam to get to LW. So the only way is to travel back to TMFT and to Batam then LW. I guess I have to change my plans already.
Louis1988
ABC Poker Player

Postby taeyeon » Thu May 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi i wanna ask are there any "hidden cost" for the buy in for LWPS? the last time i went we had to pay like $20 more for "add-on" which is almost half our stack. so there's no reason not to and it's added cost. So i wanna ask if the organisers are pulling such stunts again?
taeyeon
New Fish

Postby Phuturist » Thu May 10, 2012 10:40 pm

taeyeon, why do u call it a stunt?

like the organisers mentioned, it's dealer's chips, which goes into a pot for the dealers to share additional tips for their work...

so most of us usually do so, since it's +ev and it kinda tips the dealers as well...

I believe this will still take place in the upcoming tournament.
Phuturist
Shark

Medals: 7
Good Seller (7)

Postby taeyeon » Fri May 11, 2012 12:42 am

i dunno.. i thought if they wanna pay the dealers they should just increase the registration fee, or at least indicate that there is such a thing happening. i dont understand what u mean by +ev since everybody will definitely pay the 20bucks more for the extra chips.
taeyeon
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby ikelos » Fri May 11, 2012 2:09 am

taeyeon wrote:Hi i wanna ask are there any "hidden cost" for the buy in for LWPS? the last time i went we had to pay like $20 more for "add-on" which is almost half our stack. so there's no reason not to and it's added cost. So i wanna ask if the organisers are pulling such stunts again?

taeyeon wrote:i dunno.. i thought if they wanna pay the dealers they should just increase the registration fee, or at least indicate that there is such a thing happening. i dont understand what u mean by +ev since everybody will definitely pay the 20bucks more for the extra chips.

thanks for the question. i'll do my best to answer on behalf of the organisers.

1) it's not been confirmed but it looks very likely there will be dealers' chips in play - $20 for 3000 additional tourney chips - so it's best if you budget for this expense as well.

2) the $20 goes entirely towards dealer staffing costs, and is completely optional. it was introduced by the organisers during the course of Season 2, when the M/V Leisure World was no longer able to provide in-house dealers for the LWPS because of their own staffing difficulties. Recruiting 10-12 external dealers for the weekend, as you would imagine, adds several thousand dollars to operational costs.

3) Adding the $20 to the registration fee is not something the organisers can consider. It would firstly, remove the the right of the player to choose whether he wishes to buy the dealer's chips, and secondly make the registration fee exorbitant in proportion to the buy-in, and well beyond industry fee norms.

Hope this clarifies your concerns. =]
ikelos
Site Admin

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby SeeKay99 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:37 am

Hi Ikelos,

Just a question regarding the dealer's chip addon. So does that mean if we want the addon of 3000 chips the total ME buyin would be SGD220+30+20 = SGD270? Also what is the blinds structure and starting chips like?

Sorry this will be my first time joining the LWPS event.

See you guys on board!
SeeKay99
New Fish

Postby ikelos » Fri May 11, 2012 11:57 am

Hello SeeKay

No trouble at all.

You'll be able to find a copy of the LWPS XIII blind structures here: http://uploading.com/files/c8468d4m/LWPS3.xlsx/.
ikelos
Site Admin

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (2) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) Article Contributor (1) Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby h2oelf » Fri May 18, 2012 11:01 am

how many ppl was in the tournament last year?? just curious...need to know how long the whole thing last since it gonna start at nearly mid night of Sat, have no idea whether i have to take leave on monday or not
h2oelf
ABC Poker Player

Postby Louis1988 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:45 am

h2oelf wrote:how many ppl was in the tournament last year?? just curious...need to know how long the whole thing last since it gonna start at nearly mid night of Sat, have no idea whether i have to take leave on monday or not

I was told last year there was about 100 players.
I strongly believe this year there will be more players taking part. :)

you will leave the cruise on sunday.
Louis1988
ABC Poker Player

Postby Phuturist » Fri May 18, 2012 2:56 pm

h2oelf wrote:how many ppl was in the tournament last year?? just curious...need to know how long the whole thing last since it gonna start at nearly mid night of Sat, have no idea whether i have to take leave on monday or not

last season there was on avg about 80-100 participants... it's gonna start sat afternoon 1.30pm or evening 7.30pm, freeroll is at 11.30am, think ur info is outdated already bro.

don't reach there too late and can't take part lol that will be uber tilting!!!
Phuturist
Shark

Good Seller (7)

Postby dunkel » Tue May 22, 2012 1:06 am

just checking, do you guys usually book a cabin for the night? or everyone usually just grinds all night long? lol
dunkel
New Fish

Postby DM101 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Latest update:

All bookings for 9am are full.

If kakis want to play the Main Event Freeroll on board, there are only 2 time slots left.

1. 8am
2. 10am

So act fast and book now to avoid disappointment.
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Postby DM101 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:25 pm

dunkel wrote:just checking, do you guys usually book a cabin for the night? or everyone usually just grinds all night long? lol

Most kakis that stayed overnight will book a cabin. You can share cabin with other kakis in case you want to save cost. The reason is that they are playing the side event on Sunday as well. Thus, they need sufficient sleep so that they can focus on their "A" game on the next day.

And this time round, we are making a trophy for the side event Champion too.

Watch for the posting of the trophy picture by ikelos this evening.

Cheers!
DM101
Site Admin

Medals: 16
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (5) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) EPT Participant (1) 2nd Place in a poker tourny (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1)
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1) Good Seller (1)

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby Phuturist » Tue May 22, 2012 2:34 pm

dunkel wrote:just checking, do you guys usually book a cabin for the night? or everyone usually just grinds all night long? lol

Yup most of us do. If you want you can try posting a thread to see if u wanna find someone to share a cabin with. :)
Not nice to have a good run in the ME, then not enough proper rest cos you don't have a cabin haha!
Phuturist
Shark

Good Seller (7)

PreviousNext

Return to The Leisure World Poker Series