Questions regarding live poker tournament

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Questions regarding live poker tournament

Postby nekigosu888 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:19 pm

i'm now looking at the coming MPC Red Dragon Main event tournament in Macau.

There are 3 buys in for the 11,000 HKD main event for Day 1A, Day 1B and Day 1C.

How does it works?

If i survive in Day 1A i will progress to Day 1B and then to Day 1C?

how come i can join Day 1C without joining Day 1A in the beginning?

sorry if my questions are noob/dumb because i have never join a live poker tournament before
nekigosu888
New Fish

Re: Questions regarding live poker tournament

Postby kr176 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:54 pm

3 startings days of MPC Day 1.......u can only play either day 1A or day 1B or day 1C. All survivors of Day 1abc will then consolidated to play day 2.

This is common cos not enuff dealers/tables for all participants to start at same time.
kr176
Challenge Poker Player

Postby nekigosu888 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:22 pm

kr176 wrote:3 startings days of MPC Day 1.......u can only play either day 1A or day 1B or day 1C. All survivors of Day 1abc will then consolidated to play day 2.

This is common cos not enuff dealers/tables for all participants to start at same time.

so if i wan to maximize my chance of going into day 2, i should play from day 1A and if i bust out i can re-buy to join day 1B and day 1c ?
nekigosu888
New Fish

Postby iastate » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:57 pm

No, you can't rebuy in and join. The reason they are splitting the first day into three days is due to lack of space/tables/dealers. It's not for people to rejoin.
iastate
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby nekigosu888 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:11 pm

iastate wrote:No, you can't rebuy in and join. The reason they are splitting the first day into three days is due to lack of space/tables/dealers. It's not for people to rejoin.

oh i see so it's better to go for day 1C lar rather than join day 1A and if u progress have to do nothing and wait for 2 days
nekigosu888
New Fish

Postby Phuturist » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:42 pm

nekigosu888 wrote:
iastate wrote:No, you can't rebuy in and join. The reason they are splitting the first day into three days is due to lack of space/tables/dealers. It's not for people to rejoin.

oh i see so it's better to go for day 1C lar rather than join day 1A and if u progress have to do nothing and wait for 2 days

if u unfortunately bust out of Day 1A, some tourneys do allow re-entry into the same tourney in Day 1B or 1C. Pls check with the tourney organiser for confirmation.
Phuturist
Shark

Medals: 7
Good Seller (7)

Postby kr176 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Phuturist wrote:
nekigosu888 wrote:

if u unfortunately bust out of Day 1A, some tourneys do allow re-entry into the same tourney in Day 1B or 1C. Pls check with the tourney organiser for confirmation.

It is commonly thought that Day 1A suppose to have softest field given the big guns pro normally play 1C to avoid days off. But all satellite and online sat winners are typically forced to play 1A, doubt the are very soft too. Haha
kr176
Challenge Poker Player

Postby Phuturist » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:52 pm

kr176 wrote:
It is commonly thought that Day 1A suppose to have softest field given the big guns pro normally play 1C to avoid days off. But all satellite and online sat winners are typically forced to play 1A, doubt the are very soft too. Haha

haha some online fishes like me who qualify via satts will make the field easy lor! :P
Phuturist
Shark

Medals: 7
Good Seller (7)

Postby kr176 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:01 pm

Phuturist wrote:
kr176 wrote:

haha some online fishes like me who qualify via satts will make the field easy lor! :P

Skip Day 1A........
kr176
Challenge Poker Player

Postby AngryRant » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:27 pm

kr176 wrote:
Phuturist wrote:
kr176 wrote:bwin download

Skip Day 1A........

I would also suggest to skip Day 1A ;)
AngryRant
New Fish

Postby jeremylin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:58 pm

THANK YOU
i think i should thank you very much for you can waste lot of time to write this post .....thank you again for your sharing..

New Fish

Return to General Poker Chat