Should I return to Poker?

Ask poker-related questions and let the community extend a helping hand
Important Information
Ask a question and the community will answer.

Should I return to Poker?

Postby iSam90 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Two years ago, I play poker regularly. However I lost a lot of money on the game and decided to quit for good. Over these two years, I have been on other games such as live dealer blackjack, baccarat and slots. At the beginning I win a lot as I count cards on blackjack and input some rules of my own to maintain a good bankroll. The bankroll was good, till one day I got too sucked into high stakes blackjack that I lost 90% of my bankroll. I was unhappy and wanted to quit gambling. As you guys know, once into gambling, it is very hard to get out of it. It is like falling into a pit and never be able to climb up. So I stopped gambling for 3 months after that incident.

After 3 months of not gambling, I recreated my bankroll this time round I follow all my count and rules strictly without fail and manage to earn back around 50% of that 90% that was lost on the previous bankroll. Now I am thinking of getting back to Poker by following the strict rules of bankroll management that I used on BlackJack. I also found out that two years ago I have poor bankroll management in Poker which led me to losing a lot of money. My PokerStars account is going to be lifted from exclusion on the 20 June 2012. Should I return to online and real life poker or quit the game as I am still not good at it? Advises would be good, share your views, thanks!
iSam90
New Fish

Re: Should I return to Poker?

Postby leopardmann09 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 pm

I think the wise decision must come into you but in my opinion, try to focus on other things or other games that will help you increase your gaming skills.
leopardmann09
New Fish

Return to Community Service