AK

Discuss the intricacies of the most popular format of them all

AK

Postby ChanGs » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:29 pm

blinds are 200/400 and antes 50, u just moved to a new table, after folding a couple of hands, u are on the CO with AKo and a stack of 24k, folded to HJ who raises to 1200 with 26k behind.I think people will find themselves in this situation quite often.
wad would u do?

its a 1000 men tournament and there are 250 people left, 171 makes the money.

sb and bb have ard 10k to 11k, but you are not worried about them.
ChanGs
Challenge Poker Player

Re: AK

Postby felixleong » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:51 am

original pot has about 1050 in chips, with a stack of 24k chips which is about 23 M is still a healthy green zone

adding his 1200 raise makes about 2.2k in pot, I really don't mind taking down the pot now which pumps me up bu 10%. So most of the time my preferred play would be to raise it up to 3500-4000 and definitely committing my stack with any A or K flop.

If my objective is playing to get into the money, either I need the money or there is an ongoing probe bet then maybe I would try to flat call here and use my position postflop, also adding the fact that my AK has a good chance to dominate the villain as his range consists of many Aces

The All-In re-raise is also pretty sexy here but I would more likely do it when in the blinds to negate position.

:geek:
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby Belousov » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:02 am

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. If he is a thinking player his range could be as loose as AT+ and any PP, mostly due to the metagame (everyone is three-betting light), you could even throw KQ into his range which is most definitely a +ev spot. IF you RR and he calls you are going to have a pretty awkward stack size as far as c-betting and whatnot.
Belousov
Challenge Poker Player

Postby ZephyrZero » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:36 am

A-K is good in any position preflop. I always play it with a solid raise before the flop. If the flop was'nt good enough. You can still be ahead sometime even though you does'nt have a pair.
ZephyrZero
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Return to Multi Table Tournaments ( MTTs)