Who is FieldRanger?

Anything poker-related, and which doesn't fit into other forum categories

Who is FieldRanger?

Postby EmissaryofTruth » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:27 am

Was multitabling a few hyperturbos just now and noticed at the end of one this guy FieldRanger was being pretty abusive to me in the chat, likely because a) I overshoved K-hi vs an any 2 button shove when I was the massive stack and b) Called his button shove with 85s getting >2 to 1. Wasn't playing super well because am tired but am pretty put off by this behaviour especially after I realized he is Singaporean. Would like to appeal to all and you if you use these forums to have some decorum especially when SPF is trying so hard to promote tourney poker as a civilized sport. Sometimes we do need to vent in the chat but at least don't spew vulgarities.
EmissaryofTruth
New Fish

Re: Who is FieldRanger?

Postby boymalap » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:26 am

people do get badbeats or downswing.Emotions run wild. Its common everywhere not only in singapore. Be humble and dont take it seriously.He can be from any country.No need to spite him in the forum :) gl at the tables
boymalap
ABC Poker Player

Postby pokerace » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:07 am

He is Asianfish.
pokerace
Challenge Poker Player

Medals: 2
Chatterbox - Bigga Mouth~ (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby luckyfish » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:44 pm

I honestly agree with boymalap. Winning and losing is part of Poker. Getting abuse on chat is normal espcalially if you are a winning player. So hornestly take it as a compliment. That means you are playing well.

There is no point in putting a post like this and spiting someone in the forum and advertising his name in public. There are lots of abuse happening with lost of players which are not singaporean. I do not see them killing each other on forums. So please Singaporeans, let us not argue over the forum. Cause the people will be laughing at this post are non singaporeans.

We are making a fool over ourselves.
luckyfish
New Fish

Pokerkaki Ads

Postby Pokerkaki Ads

Pokerkaki Ads
Shameless Advertising to keep this site alive

Postby EmissaryofTruth » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Yes perhaps that was hasty do apologize for that. But still I think ghe point stands that venting is ok but there is a certain limit. Ofc i see alot of abuse but was just disappointed in this case to see it from a fellow sger when there are so few of us
EmissaryofTruth
New Fish

Postby felixleong » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:56 pm

field ranger is a dog that doesn't even dare to use his real nick ^_^
felixleong
Great White Shark

Medals: 4
Long Jie Participant (1) 1000 posts (1) Article Contributor (1) Helpful Kaki (1)

Postby vivahate » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:10 am

haha standard from asianfish. guailan to the core.
vivahate
New Fish

Postby nutupshutup » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:12 pm

i think he's well within his means to say whatever he wants to you , you can't expect to police people's emotions and reactions what are you some kind of nazi ? just take it as a compliment when people scream at you and just move on with life , don't be a sensitive nancy
nutupshutup
New Fish

Postby MJFX » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 pm

There will be no winners from this debate.
If u played well, get screwed normal. No need react.
If u played shit, no point to react also since u must be happy to bad beat pple.

If u get bad beat, no need to abuse, since u want the person to play bad. (but occasionally letting lose is fine let the person know.. I dun think if matters or not whether fellow singaporeans.. Would u think twice to value bet/bluff if hes sg)

Relax la. In e end. U guys might meet each other and laugh over it one day.不打不相识。
Hehe
MJFX
Great White Shark

Medals: 8
Long Jie Participant (1) Genting Poker Tournament (1) Macau Cup Participant (1) APPT Participant (1) 3rd Place in a poker tourny (1) Reporter - Bringer of news (1) Helpful Kaki (2)

Return to General Poker Chat